Geotechnical engineer for soils report references in the Los Angeles area?

tomas21

Gold Supporter
Jan 24, 2020
California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Anyone in the greater Los Angeles area that has references for a geotechnical engineer to do a soil test, analysis, report in the Los Angeles area.

There is a slight chance we may need to get a soils report and I want to start pricing out references just in case given the cost I heard can be high.

Last edited:
How old is the house? Built in early ~70's
Check with the home builder. - not available
Check with the local building inspector - pending

Are you on a slope?

Do you have some reason to suspect that the soil might sink or expand or have some sort of other issue?

Is the soil original or backfilled?

Does the house have any foundation issues like sinking etc.?

If yes, was there a repair done?

Foundation repair companies will usually have a geotechnical engineer on staff or available for consultation.

What is the local water table?

How much do you expect to spend on the entire project including decking etc.?

You can get estimates from local builders. They would be familiar with the area and they can advise if they recommend any remedial or precautionary measures for your site.

Your best bet if you suspect any potential issues is to hire a geotechnical engineer to do a soil test, analysis, report and recommendations.

Are you on a slope?

Do you have some reason to suspect that the soil might sink or expand or have some sort of other issue?

Is the soil original or backfilled?

Does the house have any foundation issues like sinking etc.?

If yes, was there a repair done?

Foundation repair companies will usually have a geotechnical engineer on staff or available for consultation.

What is the local water table?

How much do you expect to spend on the entire project including decking etc.?

You can get estimates from local builders. They would be familiar with the area and they can advise if they recommend any remedial or precautionary measures for your site.

Your best bet if you suspect any potential issues is to hire a geotechnical engineer to do a soil test, analysis, report and recommendations.
Thanks James.. yes I am looking for geotechnical engineer referrals to do a soil test, analysis, report in the Los Angeles area.

Reactions: JamesW
If anyone has geotechnical engineer referrals for a soils report let me know as I am doing some research

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.