Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hi folks
Have noticed white specks on my fiberglass pool walls below the water line more pronounced at the corners
These are not raised and won't scrub or scrape off
The pool is only 5 months old
Have posted some pictures
Has anyone had the same thing like this?
If it is gel coat breaking down is there any thing water chemistry wise to remedy this
And if left will it become a structural problem?
Thanks for any possible help
Regards Jim

Attachments

• IMG20210201085606.jpg
    IMG20210201085606.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG20210201085329.jpg
    IMG20210201085329.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 17
Hi folks
Have noticed white specks on my fiberglass pool walls below the water line more pronounced at the corners
These are not raised and won't scrub or scrape off
The pool is only 5 months old
Have posted some pictures
Has anyone had the same thing like this?
If it is gel coat breaking down is there any thing water chemistry wise to remedy this
And if left will it become a structural problem?
Thanks for any possible help
Regards Jim
Heres a better a close up photo of it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-18-10-49-19-84.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-18-10-49-19-84.png
    548 KB · Views: 17
Hello Jim! :wave: What you are seeing looks more like a manufacture issue to me, but you're welcome to post a full set of water test results so we can see if anything odd stands-out. Were you able to obtain a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit over there? That would be ideal.

Hello Jim! :wave: What you are seeing looks more like a manufacture issue to me, but you're welcome to post a full set of water test results so we can see if anything odd stands-out. Were you able to obtain a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit over there? That would be ideal.
Hi Texas splash haven't advert been able to get a TF 100 or 2006c kit as yet
Did order one from a web shop but they returned my money as its overseas supply
Local I can't even find a test for stabiliser :0/
Current readings are Cl 1.6 PH 7.8 and TA 5
I agree it does look like a fiberglass problem
I can live with the white discolourations as long as it won't lead to bigger problems

It's a shame you can't get better testing supplies, but I understand. Since you seem to be able to test TA, I would recommend increasing it to at least 50, perhaps 60-80 would be better. It will keep the pH stable and for some owners, seemed to make a difference in the gelcoat.

It's a shame you can't get better testing supplies, but I understand. Since you seem to be able to test TA, I would recommend increasing it to at least 50, perhaps 60-80 would be better. It will keep the pH stable and for some owners, seemed to make a difference in the gelcoat.
Sorry typo on TA it's at 50
Will boost the TA up and see if that helps
Thanks TS
Hope you guys are all OK there in TX

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.