Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Not sure if I've just not noticed it before... But there is a strong natural gas smell eminating from my pool equipment in my cabana that I am noticing while outside. I just turned up the temperature of the pool 5 degrees and increased the filter to 80%.

Is that normal (maybe coming out of the vent)?

I think I've noticed it a bit before but never this strong. Must be coming from the heater since when I turn it off for several minutes it goes away.

Hi. It is definitely due to your gas heater. I noticed it on my older heater (not sure how old your is) and only smelled it when the heater kicked on. It dissipated fairly quickly. I do not smell it on my new heater but that now uses a electronic ignitor, not a pilot light. If it persists for longer time after the heater fires up you may want to have it checked out by a service tech who is familiar with pool heaters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.