Garden hose pool heater

Bqtk

Jun 16, 2019
Belleville, ontario
I turned the garden hose on after leaving it in the sun all day and wow the water was hot. After a quick google search, I realized this was a "thing” I could use to help warm my pool a bit on sunny days. I found the "beluga" but it seems like poor quality material. I'd rather build it myself from scratch, but I'm not familiar with the materials.

Does anyone have a parts list for a simple adapter to connect my 1.5" outlet to a garden hose for this purpose?

Thanks in advance!

Bqtk

Jun 16, 2019
Belleville, ontario
Hey... Is it really that bad?

I don't have a heater, I live in an area with a pretty large temperature differential, it's free, and it's passive. Thought it would be helpful.

lager1829

Gold Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
Lancaster County, PA

I don't have a heater, I live in an area with a pretty large temperature differential, it's free, and it's passive. Thought it would be helpful.

I didn't go through that entire homemade solar thread but fully expected that someone in there would conclude that it's a lot of effort for very little result.

Bqtk

Jun 16, 2019
Belleville, ontario
It depends on the volume of your pool and what your needs and expectations are.
40,000L...and 2 degrees is what I'm going for.
I'm only investing the cost of PVC fittings to adapt the 1.5 inch outlet down to hose, not more that that. Just don't know what fittings I need. Heading to hardware store now, hopefully someone there can help pick it out.

Donldson

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio
Bad? No. Pointless? Yes.

Do you have a cover for your pool? Increasing heat gain is rarely what a pool needs, it is decreasing overnight losses that really help warm things up.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.