FYI on: Coleman round 22x52 power steel vs new Intex XTR Ultra frame 22x52

Jun 19, 2017
Siloam Springs, Ar
Last year we had to ditch our Coleman pool listed above in title due to severe rust after only 2 years. This year I got the Intex listed above and in my signature. We don’t know about rust yet, we just got it up, BUT, for anyone one contemplating getting this new Intex or has a new setup already, I just wanted to say what I have noticed already in comparison. The holes in the liner wher the legs go into the top railing t-joint are a big plus in my opinion. Two reasons: first, because the opening themselves are so much smaller (and I’m talking right where the joint slides through the top of the liner), it makes the liner at least east appear to be tighter and seem stronger there. Whether it is actually or not, I’m no expert. Secondly, because of that same whole being not near as big and wide as the Coleman, we have noticed hardly any overflow, which in turn, would help the rust issues too. Now, we haven’t had any real action from several kids jumping around in it, BUT, we had very strong winds all night and hard hard rain almost all high and light rain most of the day. As the tow 13 year olds were making there “whirlpool” in there last night to help dissolve the salt, none went out over those holes. A big plus in my book. I’m not sure, but it seems the highest inlet port is little lower, not sure yet, and so that too would be a plus because the Coleman was so high to the overflow holes, any waves , rain or several kids romping around sent water out those holes constantly. I already seem like I’m liking this more than the Coleman. Time will tell.

Enjoy the summer during this covid summer and enjoy being quarantined to your pool. Next best thing to the beach!!!

Interesting comparison. By chance do you have pictures of both pools that you can share for folks to see the differences you describe?

I will try to get some of the new pool today. How is the best way to upload?

look at the edit bar an you will see a picture frame between the paper clip and camera icons.

Just turn off HDR on your phone when you take the pics.

The reviews for the Intex Ultra Frame XTRs are really good!! I wish I waited and bought one (mine is the model before the XTR lol) but still no rust so I guess that’s promising lol. Then again, I don’t have a SWG and I know salt can be corrosive. The XTR models are supposed to be a huge upgrade, though!

YES, THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE AND I AM HOPING FOR THAT. PER SEVERAL EXPERTS ON HERE, AND AFTER THEY ENLIGHTENED ME, MY COMMON SENSE, I REALIZED THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SALT IN A SALTWATER POOL TO CAUSE THE RUST. THAT IS WHY I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THE OLD ONES LARGER OVERFLOW HOLES PROBABLY ADDED TO THE RUSTING POLES. THAT, AND WE HAD ALOT OF RAIN, and....I USED A VACCUMN ON POOL THAT HOOKED OP TO HOSE, THEREFORE IT WAS ALWAYS FULL OF WATER AND OVERFLOWING.
ajw22, ITS STILL RAINING HARD HERE, SO I HAVENT GOT PICS YET, BUT I WILL AND THANKS FOR THE INFO.

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.