Ckb3

Jul 23, 2021
Orlando
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
During the draining process to get my CYA lowered I decided to take apart one of my filters. When disconnecting the lines I found the return gasket looked swollen. What would cause this? Did I have the hose to tight? In the photo, its the gasket on the left. The gasket on the right is what it looked like new. Filter is an Intex 16" sand filter.

Attachments

• Filter Gasket 1.jpg
    Filter Gasket 1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 13
  • Filter Gasket 2.jpg
    Filter Gasket 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
Those do look odd. They are supposed to be for chlorinated pool water I assume. Though they look like they are effected by it.

Reactions: Ckb3
@JamesW,
The chlorinator has approximately 7' of pipe between it and the filter and sits on the return line to the pool. I do not have a check valve between it and the filter so If this is the cause it must have seeped back into it when the filter cycles off. I've replaced the gasket and as a precaution will add a check valve to the line to rule out this. Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up. What would the best process be? Turn the feeder off before turning the pump off or just relocating the feeder? I can move the feeder closer to the return port on the pool about 15 feet away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.