Fulshear, Texas - Complete!

Thanks for the explanation Herman! I don't have any photos from the top on hand but I've attached the side pics. It's hard to see the inlet/outlet pipes to the heater in these photos though. I'll have to take a picture from above later.
In the one picture, on that horizontal pipe coming from the heater, there is a clear top black fixture. It looks like a check valve and not a T-15 SWCG. So I do not see a SWCG. You have room to install it so maybe the plumber will be back with it. Could it be temporary not available?

Update:
Tile & Coping are complete. We are very impressed with the tile installer!

Concrete deck placement is likely this week. We are on track for water in the pool this month, weather permitting.

Attachments

• IMG-2350.jpg
    IMG-2350.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG-2351.jpg
    IMG-2351.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG-2355.jpg
    IMG-2355.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG-2360.jpg
    IMG-2360.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 145
Is it windy there or is all that turbulence coming from the waterfalls? Looks good, just curious.

Turbulence from the waterfalls (spillway, weeping walls, sheer decent). Unfortunately the spillway impacts the sunshelf bubblers where one of them just starts bouncing around but finds it's rhythm, and then bounces again. LoL

Last edited:
We are very interested in Blue Granite Pebblesheen or possibly Slate Blue or Prism Blue. Would anyone near Houston mind allowing us 10 min to see your pool in person :) ?!

Our builder says they have not used those colors before so don't have any to show us. Furthermore, they are discouraging darker plaster because the water will be too warm and not inviting... Anyone have experience with darker pools in the summer?

The most popular colors our PB has used is Blue Surf (no for us..) and Aqua Blue (maybe...)

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is this done when a pool is completed during cold weather/lower temps and the SWG is not used/effective?
You do not use your SWCG during the first 30 days as there is no salt. They will add salt to the recommended levels after 30 days. The preferred method would be to use Liquid Chlorine but some PB's have used pucks in a chlorinator if they leave it in the plumbing with a SWCG.

Also, depending on what SWCG model you have, they do not operate below 52 deg F (some higher, some slightly lower). So when it is cold outside, the SWCG will not operate thus you need to add chlorine and the most common method is to add liquid chlorine.
You can elect to remove your SWCG during the colder months and put in a dummy pipe or you can leave the SWCG in place but it will not turn on.

Reactions: Duffatola
We are very interested in Blue Granite Pebblesheen or possibly Slate Blue or Prism Blue. Would anyone near Houston mind allowing us 10 min to see your pool in person :) ?!

Our builder says they have not used those colors before so don't have any to show us. Furthermore, they are discouraging darker plaster because the water will be too warm and not inviting... Anyone have experience with darker pools in the summer?

The most popular colors our PB has used is Blue Surf (no for us..) and Aqua Blue (maybe...)

Thanks!
We used Slate Blue Pebble Sheen, you can look at my build if you are interested to see in person, send me a DM.

Reactions: .ben
Very nice build. Would you happen to have an image of the contoured seats?
I'm honestly not sure what is meant by contoured seats.. I may have overlooked that line in the contract :LOL:. The spa seats are curved where your knees would rest so perhaps those are the contours.

Attachments

• spa inside.jpg
    spa inside.jpg
    848.3 KB · Views: 67
I would assume that as well. Why is the edge tile detached and not connected to form the oval shape?
Hard to tell from the picture but the spa has two heights of seating. So the high bench tile turns back to the outside and the low bench tile stops where it meets the high bench. This should make it easier to see where the bench changes height.

Reactions: Newdude
Update:
Concrete deck has been poured and sundeck to be applied this week. We were told plaster may happen this week but that now seems unlikely since we will have lows in the 30's later this week.

Still trying to decide between Slate Blue and Prism Blue... At least we eliminated all other color options so only need to decide between two!

Reactions: Lanzz and jjbradley
Update:
Not much happening due to cold & rainy weather but we chose Pebble Sheen Slate Blue!

Also received our TF-Pro Salt with Speedstir kit!

Should we test our water prior to fill? I am unsure if our hose bib is supplied by softened water... would I be able to tell from testing the water? Should I just plan on bypassing the water softener before we fill just to be on the safe side?

Reactions: Herkimer
To fill the pool you should bypass the softener. But you may want to use softened water for make up water later on, depending on your CH level rise.

To see if your hose bib is softened, do the CH test. It should show no calcium hardness if softened.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.