From Spain and need SWG and other equipment help from Europe members

Spainboy

May 7, 2020
Catalunia , Spain .
Hi . Been away and .......read some of the info threads on TFP , and also tried to get more info on SWG suppliers here in Spain .
You have some great online stores in the USA , who offer help and advice .
Sadly Spain cannot match this , and there are NO specific pool forums like TFP in the whole of Europe .
So please can anyone help me answer some specific questions .
1 ) There are none of the makes available here that are found in USA , except for Zodiac -which is the most expensive available . None have more than a 2 year warranty .
The only make you might know is Certikin , which is made in Spain . What is their build quality / reliability reputation ?
2 ) There is a later model Certikin SWG E series , but there is some stock of the previous model VX which is at discount prices .
Is it always worth getting the latest product ?
3 ) They also have 2 types of Certikin pH pumps , later one " My Pool " claims it is more controllable - what features should I look for ?
4 ) Had quotes from the only 2 pool shops close by , and they recommend makes that are not known.
5 ) On pH pump - is a rate of 1.5 to 1.8 important , as with 1.0 or 1.5 bar operating pressure ?
They look basic but well constructed , with robust casings........... intimating good build quality .
Is material / build quality more important in pH pumps - as I have read that there are barrings and tubes that can wear out over time ?

I keenly await any advice as I want to install , and fill the pool with water ASAP

Thanks .

Spain,

Sorry I have no knowledge of the brand you mention. Here is some general information that might help:
1 ) There are none of the makes available here that are found in USA , except for Zodiac -which is the most expensive available . None have more than a 2 year warranty.
No salt systems have more than 2 year full warranty that I know of. Some have up to 7 years but it's pro-rated after the first or 2nd year.

Is it always worth getting the latest product ?
Totally depends on the specifics. If you can't find somebody with actual experience call the manufacturer and ask the difference.

3 ) They also have 2 types of Certikin pH pumps , later one " My Pool " claims it is more controllable - what features should I look for ?
I would operate for a while and manually add the acid to see if automatic pH control is needed. Most of the time it is not.
4 ) Had quotes from the only 2 pool shops close by , and they recommend makes that are not known.
Ask them to provide more information on their equipment and if they can offer more well known equipment. Also, ask who performs the warranty work for this brand.

I've lived outside the US about 20 years and had to face the issue you have. Some of the time it's worth buying the major brand from US or UK sometimes not. See if you can get information from other pool owners in Spain.

I wish I could be of more help and hopefully somebody from UK or Europe will respond. We do have many members there that should be able to help.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.