Frog Products: As if selling you a bill of goods wasn't enough....

TishTash

Bronze Supporter
Aug 8, 2018
Merrick, NY
Not only does King Technology try to convince new pool owners that copper and silver are your pool's best friend, and that an FC of 0.5 ppm is adequate for an environment that probably boasts a CYA level of over 120ppm (thanks to their dichlor --> trichlor system), and that you need to pay $20 for $7 worth of stabilized chlorine, AND manufactures numerous incompatible lines of "torpedo pacs" to force dealers and end-customers to overpay ... they apparently also spread lies about their biggest competitive threat:

Last edited:
That webpage is the perfect example of why you should NEVER trust sales literature from a company selling you a product. If you’re a Frog System/minerals/“I hate chlorine because it’s a scary word” “true believer” then you’ll fall hook, line & sinker for every bit of nonsense written on that webpage. But, if you are a consumer that does your homework, you’ll investigate every claim and hopefully come to the realization that the job of the marketing department is to tell a story to get you to buy something, not to tell you the truth.

The entire pool industry is full of this nonsense. Buyer and pool owner beware ...

It’s in almost every industry.

True, but it’s particularly acute in the pool industry. At least the pool industry chemical product manufacturers are required by federal law to state that any sanitizer product they are selling which has not been approved by the EPA for disinfection must have a disclaimer saying that recreational water bodies must have an approved sanitizer used in conjunction with whatever snake-oil they are trying to sell. Sadly it’s usually buried in some fine print at the bottom written in microscopic 0.001 point font.

My favorite was walking into a pool store once (big national chain that rhymes with Atio Ools) to get some DE and the gal behind the counter asked me which one - the regular pool DE or the DE “designed“ for salt water pools? Umm, yeah, please sell me the salt water pool product that costs 50% more 🤦‍♂ I can only imagine how much money they made off that ruse ....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.