Fri started to notice some green

here are my numbers. FC-15.5, CC-0, TA-200, CYA-60, PH 7.7. Pool calculator says add 5.7oz bleach, 7.2 oz muriatic acid and 7.3 oz stabilizer. So I will go put more stabilizer in sock, put acid in pool and have Bryan put bleach in later tonight. Will not be here to check so is it going to be ok to just have him add some bleach each eve. Maybe couple of cups of what?Am I almost there? and how in the world do you all get your pools to look so blue> thats what I want.

I'd hold off on the CYA today. It can take a week or so to show up on tests, and if you overshoot, there's no easy way to get rid of it. You can always add more on Thursday if you need it.

What does the pool look like today? Clear, green, cloudy, dull? Can you see the bottom in the deep end? Once everything is killed off, it can take a couple days of filtering to clear the dead, bleached-out, algae.

my pool is light cloudy and dull. I can see all the bottom of the pool. There is no deep end. It is just 18' above ground. I just did not want to lose everything I have already done to it. Should I add bleach? Or just wait til I get home? When do I turn on the swg? thanks

I would have Bryan add some bleach each evening around dusk (if possible) so it's not eaten up by the sun. How much to add, I'm not real sure... maybe a whole 96 oz. jug, maybe half, maybe a quart. You want it to try to carry over to the next evening. Not real sure but I'd get a good bit in there to not lose momentum. Without testing tho who knows what your level will drop to.

Sorry it's late getting you an answer. I'm sure you've left for the evening.

thanks for info. I didnt get this til Mon morn so did not add bleach last night, but will have Bryan add about half jug tonight, just to be sure. Really hard when you re not home to take care of it. Update of PG daughter. Been having back pains for 3 days. Today is due date. Its a wait and worry game. LOL I have been looking at some of your pics. It makes me want a bigger and better pool, but not til I understand this one.

ok, well had eventful week. My daughter had her baby boy Wed eve. Everybody doing good. Except my pool. I left Sun nite. Bryan cleaned and shocked pool Mon nite. He hooked back up my swg without my knowing and sometime that eve they realized it read low flow. He cleaned out all the filters and called me. I told him to turn it off again. Tues nite we had bad storm and lost power. Pool went off for some reason they could not get it back on. I came home quickly Wed aft and got it going again, but it shut off again Wed nite so it did not run all nite plus till noon Thurs. Have worked on it and got it going again. NOt sure what it was so am watching it. Anyway, cleaned it and took tests. Numbers are FC-9, CC-.5, TA-170, CYA-60, PH-7.7. Pool calculator says if I want FC at 9 and cya at 70 I should only add 7.3 oz stabilizer. Do I need to keep shocking it? maybe put chlorine in tonight and then do overnight test? Or just dont put chlorine in and test it later and then in the morn?

Pegarcoop51 said:
ok, well had eventful week. My daughter had her baby boy Wed eve. Everybody doing good. Except my pool.
Look where the world has gone, now babies are more important then pools :twisted: ...jk, congratulations :party:

Pegarcoop51 said:
Do I need to keep shocking it?
How does the water look?

Pegarcoop51 said:
maybe put chlorine in tonight and then do overnight test?
Very good idea :goodjob: I would shoot for your shock FC level to do the OCLT, then if you need to do the shocking process you are ready there, and if not you can just let it fall. I would do the OCLT (and the shocking process if you fail the OCLT or CC or your water is cloudy) before adding anymore cya.

have a question for whoever might have a intex 2500 filter pump. I ordered a new one July 1, 2012. Loved it at first, but for last week have been having trouble with it. I now have my pool fixed I think and my pump quits. It will run but not pump water back into pool or suck it in skimmer. Has anyone else had this problem? I have contacted intex and hopefully because its only 20 days old, they will replace it. Honestly, I am ready to give up.

still working on my pool. Am contacting intex because something is wrong with pump. However it will run for 8 to 10 hrs. Just did pool calculator so going to add bleach and acid and hopefully get back on track.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my hang over the side skimmer basket in the water when it starts up automatically? I have tried everything. Came home today to find it out of the water again. Thanks

Pegarcoop51 said:
here are my numbers. FC-15.5, CC-0, TA-200, CYA-60, PH 7.7. Pool calculator says add 5.7oz bleach, 7.2 oz muriatic acid and 7.3 oz stabilizer. So I will go put more stabilizer in sock, put acid in pool and have Bryan put bleach in later tonight. Will not be here to check so is it going to be ok to just have him add some bleach each eve. Maybe couple of cups of what?Am I almost there? and how in the world do you all get your pools to look so blue> thats what I want.

I know I'm late to the discussion but wanted to point out that you should ignore the PH when your Free Chlorine is => 10. This would mean that you should not add acid or anything to adjust PH during the shocking process.

No harm if you did; but double check when the Free Chlorine drops to be sure you haven't overdone it.

The pump has two switch (on) options. If you push on the left side, the pump runs on the timer (there's a dial to change hours, might want to look for that). If you push the right side, it's on full time. I was confused at first too, I thought the pump was tripping the breaker but it's actually because I pushed the timer side of the switch.

Congrats on that baby. Infinks sure are good stuff :~}

Edit: Oh, and insofar as the skimmer ring coming out, try raising the skimmer housing level so that it's just floating a little bit. That should prevent further mishaps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.