Freeze Guard Operation with VSP and Jandy

M Keller

Feb 10, 2021
Dallas, TX, 75248
I am looking for help understanding how my Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump can work with my JANDY system. My problem is that when the temperature drops to freezing, the Jandy freeze guard activates and sends power to the VSP but the VSP does not turn on. I think this is because there isn't a program in the VSP at that time. Anyone know how I can synchronize the two systems?
I've learned that the pump won't work if the Jandy program does not match the VSP program, so I program the Jandy and the VSP to have matching cycles. But how do I get the freeze guard synched up with the two pieces of equipment?
Thanks in advance for your help.

I figured it out by trial and error. Here's the answer: Using the Jandy, program your pool pump to be on for 23 1/2 hours. This will provide power to the VSP. Then when the temperature drops the freeze guard on the VSP will automatically turn on.

If you don't have the Jandy give power to the VSP, then the VSP can't turn the freeze guard on.

Problem solved.

M,

In theory, a VS pump should get constant AC power.. It should not be shut off by the automation.. The automation does tell the pump to run or not run and at what speed to run, but the AC power to the pump should be constant..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.