FredW in Raleigh, NC

FredW

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 13, 2010
Raleigh, NC
New to the forum (thanks to Tim at Pool Harmony). I have been managing our neighborhood swim club for the past three summers. It has gone pretty well so far, but but a couple of chemistry challenges over the summer (disappearing CYA, CC build up) and a black algae problem prompted me to learn more. I bought the TF 100 kit last week and took some initial readings this morning.

FC 4
CC 0
ph 8.0
TA 130
CH 350
CYA 35
Temp 72 F

This is a seasonal pool that we keep blue. I will go to the threads with specific questions, but any thoughts on immediate adjustments would be welcome. Thanks for your help.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Welcome to TFP.

The first thing you need to do is get the pH down in the mid to lower 7's. Your FC looks good, but I might bump it up to 5. Everything else looks good.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Hey, Fred,

Welcome to the forum :lol: Yeah, get your pH on down for the winter (7.4 or so like bama said).

I personally like to use muriatic acid but others like dry acid as it's just a little easier to handle.

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
FredW said:
I bought the TF 100 kit last week and took some initial readings this morning.
Welcome to TFP Fred :wave: Probably could have driven to Dave's (Duraleigh) house to pick up that TF100 kit :lol: