For those with smokers, or Big Green Eggs or any Kamado cookers

usfbull

May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
We are in the planning stages of adding a pool with a screened in enclosure. I have a Kamado Joe that burns lump charcoal which produces ash.

I would prefer to keep the Kamado Joe under the screened in enclosure. At the moment it just sits on the stand it came with. Do you guys put a pad under the cooker or what other types of setups do you guys use to protect the pavers? We are thinking eith concrete pavers or travertine.

The Kamado has a tray that catches ashes that i empty out and usually it dumps ashes on the floor though with whats currently out there its not a concern if it gets dirty.

usfbull

May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Very nice setups! I don’t have a bbq station/island (not sure what it’s called) so I guess that might have to be a future project. I just have mine on a stand like shown in this pic.79B92576-777A-4B0C-BB85-A190CE8A7803.jpeg

Reactions: JayRi

mjlinss

Gold Supporter
Jun 2, 2017
Columbia, MO
If using the cart you are fine with just the cart under it. I have the same type of setup and have no issues from heat or charcoal staining assuming I take my time dumping the ash. Now spills from sauce and fatty meat is a whole other issue...

JayRi

Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2020
Tampa, FL
When I had my egg the best thing I used for cleaning was a vacuum. I purchased this small one from HD. Just attach it to a 5 gallon bucket. Most wet/dry vac's take up too much space. This was perfect for me.

Very nice setups! I don’t have a bbq station/island (not sure what it’s called) so I guess that might have to be a future project. I just have mine on a stand like shown in this pic.View attachment 156646

Reactions: usfbull