For those with a Hasa Liquidator

Aug 25, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
So I’ve installed a Hasa liquidator and I am pretty happy with it. It is automatically administering chlorine into my pool like I hoped making my life easier. However my question is, is the amount of chlorine administered depending upon how much chlorine I poured into the liquidator? Instructions say to add no more than 4 gallons into the bin but I’m wondering if I do that will let add more chlorine into my pool?

It makes a small (IMHO negligible) difference whether you have 1 or four gallons in the liquidator (I'm assuming you have the 4 gallon model).

In case you haven't already, do yourself a favor and install a needle valve to regulate the output of the Liquidator.

I used this needle valve. it's reasonably price, but shipping basicly doubles the price. I repurposed the quarter turn ball valve to shut off flow on the fill side of the Liquidator. This make it easier to fill the Liquidator with more than a gallon or two at a time.

Which Liquidator did you get? Mine can take up to 8 gallons of chlorine.

I too have a 4GAL LQ. Have had one for almost 10 years. And it pulls the CL from the top so when it is full it will be just slightly higher concentration. I have never really noticed a large enough of a diff where I felt that I needed to close the valve more when it was full though. Good product and they have great support if you ever need a part. I think he keeps a valve on the fill side so that he can drain the LQ down to make it easier to add bleach when the pump is running. I just do mine when the pool has not been running as it then drains down to the level of the outflow and that is enough to add a gallon or two.

I think he keeps a valve on the fill side so that he can drain the LQ down to make it easier to add bleach when the pump is running.
Yes, this is correct. I have the larger 8 gallon version, so i'm usually adding 3 to 4 gallons at a time.

I have never had that issue. Some have also experienced a white sludge that collects in the tubes but I have never experienced that either. Normally the salts and other sediments collect in the bottom of the LQ. At the end of the season I usually disconnect the LQ and dump it and clean it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.