$ for 8000 gals tap water in Coppell TX?

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Not much. I was shocked at how little my water bill went up filling the pool at 20k gallons. It was so long ago I can't remember how much it was though.

triptyx

TFP Guide
Apr 12, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Call the local water department. Explain what you're looking for and they can help you out.

Mine said they bill in units, with it costing a certain amount of money per unit, and it would take y units to make up the number of gallons in my pool. Worked very well to approximate my cost.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
P&C,

I live in Bedford, just West of the DFW airport.

It cost me about $50 to fill up my 17K gallon pool about three years ago.

In Bedford anyway, if you tell them you are filling a pool, they will only charge you for the water and not for the Sewer charges...

Jim R.

Sammy2

Aug 30, 2016
Riverside, CA
That is right over 1000 cf. Water is usually billed in units of 100 cf (HCF) so that is 10HCF. Check your billing statement to see the rate and verify if you have tiered billing or even penalty tiers if you're in a drought area.

Take the billing rate in $ per HCF and multiply it by the 10HCF you'll be using.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Aug 30, 2016
Riverside, CA
For me, BTW, that would be about $50 if I went into the penalty tier, otherwise about $20 so I'd plan other water use accordingly.

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
Make sure you call though. They won't charge you for waste water. Thats whats expensive.

Sammy2

Aug 30, 2016
Riverside, CA
Oh. Fortunately we don't have meters on the sewer here.. just a flat $30ish a month, higher in other areas.