Foam or pad?

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
We are getting ready to put a new liner on our old frame This week and I am hoping to do a bit of an upgrade to the bottom... I have Searched the the forum and got completely overwhelmed trying to find an answer so I am hoping a few people with some experience can help here...

I am considering gorilla pad from Amazon , but have also read a lot about foam, so I'm wondering if some folks can give me an idea of what they preferred and what worked better for them if they've tried both. I leave my pool up year round, So I definitely want to use whichever option is going to last as long as my liner will last. Thank you in advance for your opinions, they mean a lot to me :)

The Gorilla pad is not really a pad. It is thick plastic sheeting. It's purpose is to keep grass and such from growing through the pool bottom. The house foam adds comfort to your feet as it is soft. It will also "take" some of your water depth due to it height.

I am not sure if that helps or not. I will tell you I have only have sand under mine. I would like to have the house foam but it was not in the budget so sand it is!

Kim:kim:

Thank you everybody! In the end I went with gorilla pad due to budget constraints and knowing that I have to do it all myself because my husband is out of the loop at the moment Due to a pretty major shoulder surgery he had recently. We previously had sand and weed barrier down so the gorilla pad will be an upgrade from the weed barrier.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
OH NO! I hope the surgery went well and he is pain free already!!

Had a reverse shoulder replacement with a relocation of his pectoral muscle so that it can Do the work of a deltoid... I also replaced the top half of his humorous... It was a very radical and aggressive procedure that was necessary due to the complexities of his shoulder... he is right at 2 months out from surgery right now and doing very well. It will probably be right out a year before we start to get an idea of how successful it is going to be...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:shock: on the shoulder rebuild! Glad to hear it might be doing what it needs to do.

Good move leaving the tarp. It did it's job so let it keep on working!

I took the Frame down today and am happily surprised that there's not a lot of rust... There is a little here and there but not much to write home about. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and clean everything thoroughly and let it dry in the Sun , Then I will hit it with Something to remove the rust and then a couple of light coats of rustoleum paint , just on those spots... My biggest fear was that I was going to get pulled apart and find so much rest that I wouldn't be able to use it to put the new pool back up...whew!

This is what Lee told me:
"Make sure they’re not taken HDR photos as these are (and have been) always blocked by the server due to their size. They’re just to large. "
I had forgotten about this tidbit! Changing that setting should fix this problem!

This is what Lee told me:
"Make sure they’re not taken HDR photos as these are (and have been) always blocked by the server due to their size. They’re just to large. "
I had forgotten about this tidbit! Changing that setting should fix this problem!
I'm not sure I know what an HDR photo is, I am just trying to upload photos from my phone as I always have with no problems. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.