Indianapolis, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
It's definitely not an oil slick. Was very foamy. Regardless, after slamming for a few hours foam disipated and water got clearer. Still slamming.

AK-

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2021
Randolph, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
The lines do resemble oil, but not only it look foamy it also lack light refraction and reflection that surface oil would case. Even with a lot of emulsification the oil would still have some light refraction (rainbow effect).

Glad it is getting clear.

Reactions: duade

notmycupoftea

Jun 19, 2014
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have had a foam at the top of the pool when I slammed the pool in the past when it was very bad. I may be wrong but I think the rapid oxidation and pace at which sanitizer killing anything living can cause it but for me it dissipates pretty quickly, I can remember using a skimmer sock and having to hose it out a few times and then it was gone.

LoneWolfArcher

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2019
Michigan
To the OP! Gorgeous pool. Once you get the water balanced and do not add anymore magic potions, you will have crystal clear water, and the water will be as gorgeous as the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread