Foam cove..jamming in last piece?

eyedoc_01

May 30, 2020
Saint Louis MO
Hi all,

27' round all resin pool, getting close to finishing install.

I was on the Gladon site and they said to cut the last piece of foam 1-1.5" long and jam it in to account for wall stretch when the pool is filled with water.

But the Gladon has adhesive backing, and I'm planning to use Gorilla Spray adhesive (along with taping the seams. I have a hard time seeing how one piece of jammed in foam will press on the cove all around the circumference of the pool when all the other pieces are taped and glued to the wall.

So should I cut the last piece long and jam it in, or cut it flush and tape it tight?

I cut my last piece to be a little snug and push right in. I have seen no signs of the wall “stretching”. No signs of issues with the foam cove at all. I just pushed all mine snug to each other and did not even tape seams.

Reactions: Casey
Please put pool details in signature! I’ll be in market for resin pool next year. Wouldn’t mind seeing photos either!

We had gapping between the foam pieces that were on the long wall of the oval. Not on the rounded edges.
You probably won't need to tape the seams. But if there is gapping, the gaps will show and the liner will dip into the gaps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.