LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm finally installing a Pentair Cartridge filter/optiflo pump (340077 2hp/spd) combo (PNCC0150OP2160). I'm trying to calculate run time on low speed. Where can I find the Pump Curve info for this pump? There is one in the manual, but I cant tell if it's for high speed or low speed. I know the 2hp pump seems like too much pump, but in discussions with several TFP members before my purchase a couple years ago it was determine that, because of the way HP was calculated by Pentair, it's actually viewed more like a 1hp pump..

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
our recommendation is to start off with 4 hours of run time if your pump is single speed and 8 hours of run time if your pump is capable of running on lower speeds (i.e. two speed or variable speed pump). If this amount of run time is not sufficient to keep the pool clean enough for your preference, then gradually increase the pump run time until it is clean enough for your own tastes.

Schnozz

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thank You.......I should have looked there first.. One more question

My new Pentair Cartridge filter/optiflo pump (340077 2hp/sp) combo (PNCC0150OP2160) came with a 3' power cord with a standard plug. A six foot power cord would be better (Easier I should say. The other option is to extend the existing exterior GFCI 3' with conduit.). I found a 6' replacement cord at the POOL FACTORY and asked if it would work. They said it would work/fit (See response attached) What say ya'll? Would the change from a 3' cord to a 6' cord add any power use issues or other issues to the pump motor? I provided the POOL FACTORY all the information I provided in this post..

Thanks in advance...Bob

Staff (The Pool Factory)
Apr 3, 2021, 5:30 PM EDT
Hi Bob,

This 6' Pump Power Cord With Standard 3-Prong Plug SPX1250WA can be used as a replacement power cord for a Pentair Optiflo Pump.

https://www.thepoolfactory.com/pool-supplies/pool-equipment/pumps/accessories/spx1250wa.html

Regards,
The Pool Factory Staff

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
3' is the maximum pump cord length allowed by NEC. It is up to you if you want your pool to comply with the electrical codes.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread