Florida woman finally building a pool!

Our SWG was supposed to be put on after 28 days but I had them put the dummy cell in and we switched it out at 28 days. They didn't even put the dummy cell in until right before plaster.

Reactions: ckinchen
So this morning somebody came and I think hooked up the water to the plumbing. When I went to look later in afternoon I noticed a drip and some water. Then I looked around 7pm and definitely water on the pad and dirt below and behind. Is it normal to be leaking water at this stage?
@YippeeSkippy do you know?

Attachments

• 20210323_204120.jpg
    20210323_204120.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210323_204101.jpg
    20210323_204101.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 40
It definitely happens :)

If it's just a drip, it can wait until tomorrow. Where exactly is it dripping from ?

@Newdude It was hard to tell. I could not get close enough as all the pipes and ditch are right there. I think it is coming from the top and saw a drip of water from the side top piece. I circled where I saw a drip.

Attachments

• 20210323_210744.jpg
    20210323_210744.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 30
That's the lid and probably a real easy fix for them. It's either not tight enough or the gasket wasn't seated well. Don't fall down the grand canyon trying to get to it and call them tomorrow :)

@kimkats well that does not sound good! Hoping they get back to me soon. I don't know if they just added water from my house hose or if connected to my house water. We got the automatic drain and fill feature so it will need to be connected to my house water but I just don't know if that is what they did yesterday. Regardless I don't like leaks of any kind, especially if it will raise my pricey water bill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@kimkats and @Newdude Plumbers came out today. They replaced the whole pump (Intelliflow VSF), said it was defective. Also said they have noticed several recently. That is a bit scary!
Also I was wondering why they were taking so many hours to replace the pump but turns out they also had to replace some pipes. I guess some of the wrong pipes were installed (also scary) so replaced those. Hopefully all is set now.

• Wow
Reactions: kimkats and Newdude
They replaced the whole pump (Intelliflow VSF), said it was defective
Definitely took a left hand turn from what we were expecting, but it was painless to you AND they replaced your equipment no questions asked. So file that one under the Win column for several reasons. :)

@Newdude and @kimkats SO I misspoke! They told me the pump was defective so they would replace it. I assumed after 4 hours they were replacing it, plus I saw the pump there. Later this evening went over to look and to my surprise no pump!! I guess one of the last things they did is remove the defective pump. I am not sure what pipes they removed. My husband said he thinks they replumbed, maybe the way the pipes were laid they were not right so water flows the right way, but not sure. Needless to say I think this will be another delay :-(.

Attachments

• 20210326_202838.jpg
    20210326_202838.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210326_194922.jpg
    20210326_194922.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Well........ whatever they caught in time....... they caught in time. There woulda been no easy way to get to all the pipes once it had been filled in and possibly decked/patio'd over. It appears they are doing it right. Pipes don't flow, nor do they care which way things flow. If the wrong things from one side were attached to things on the other end, they could have left the pipes and swapped the ends. You never would have known about the extra splices once they buried them.. But it would have been lazy and messy. They appear to have gone out of their way to rerun the plumbing to keep it orderly, eventhough it will be buried and never be seen again. It speaks well of your PB.

The pump is probably waiting at the shop. And it looks like they are pressure testing the lines in the meantime. There would be no other reason to install a dummy pipe where the pump should be. Again, they seem to have you covered. (y)

So I asked the plumbing people to leave me some of their pipes that they removed. I was thinking I can use them to put some electrical wiring for the future. My husband said we can’t use, has to be the gray one in pictures. So I will get some of that. I assume there is a plumbing inspection and can add after that and before they fill the trenches. Anyone can think of any reason to put the white pipes in the trench too? Its a pretty long run. Any possible use in future?

Attachments

• 20210322_211447.jpg
    20210322_211447.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210328_190939.jpg
    20210328_190939.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210322_211447.jpg
    20210322_211447.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 21
Save a small (diameter) one in about 3' length to use to make a pipette with for testing your water. You use it like a straw to pick up water and put it in your pitcher or big cup..... the water you'll test on. Cut it down to a good length for you where it will be at least 2' into the pool.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.