New time pool owner here. We had a solar cover on our pool for about 5 days and when we removed it, there was green algae on the bottom of the pool. Self tested water results showed PH of 7.2 and alkaline of 50 or 60ppm - everything else seems in line. We vacuumed, added baking soda, got the alkalinity to 90 ppm and then shocked the pool. There still seems to be a coating of something on the floor.
* Did we handle correctly or what else should we have done/be doing?
* Is it normal for this to happen in the first place?We got heavy rain one night which probably through off the alkalinity but I thought PH had more of an influence on algae growth. TIA