Sooooo I'm late to this party..... while the OP obviously waited till the last moment to clear his pool for the wedding, he apparently did so. Yay!
Another option for desperate procrastinators might be pool party dye. Never used it, never knew anyone who did, and besides the potential for a tacky looking pool it might be a fun solution before a kids party or something, right?
Then focus on fixing the water starting the next day.

Just a thought :)

Maddie :flower:

Sooooo I'm late to this party..... while the OP obviously waited till the last moment to clear his pool for the wedding, he apparently did so. Yay!
Another option for desperate procrastinators might be pool party dye. Never used it, never knew anyone who did, and besides the potential for a tacky looking pool it might be a fun solution before a kids party or something, right?

I think I'd be afraid of this product. The web page says "While it's coloring your pool water, it also acts as a powerful water clarifier!" which makes my brain say it's putting glue in my pool......or is it?

I think I'd be afraid of this product. The web page says "While it's coloring your pool water, it also acts as a powerful water clarifier!" which makes my brain say it's putting glue in my pool......or is it?

yeah, I hear ya. I don't go putting potions in either, but....for someone whose already messed up bad...and under a deadline like that..... I dunno? I'm sure they might say to themselves "what more can I do to mess up this water??"

yeah, I hear ya. I don't go putting potions in either, but....for someone whose already messed up bad...and under a deadline like that..... I dunno? I'm sure they might say to themselves "what more can I do to mess up this water??"

I have a 90th birthday party for my mom coming up. She is 100% Irish and I've been trying to come up with some fun things to make the day memorable for the whole family which aren't simply St. Patty's day-like. I think an emerald green pool might be unique for her birthday since our pools are normally big ice cubes in March. An added benefit .... should the pool get away from me (not that I'm planning for that to happen) before the party, this might be a great way to hide it :LOL:. After reading the SDS, I'm not sure what the web page is calling a clarifier.

I did not wait till the last minute to clear my pool. I stay on top of my pools condition . I keep it clear year round. Through a series of unfortunate events, an expired test kit, air leak at my shut off valves and misguided information from my pool supply store, my pool clouded up and grew an algae bloom. I had been working on it for a month prior to joining this group. I have discovered that the suggested chlorine levels form Leslies pool app, and the pool math app are completely different. I wasn't keeping my Chlorine at proper levels. Lesson learned there. Sorry to jump on the defense, but I am far from a procrastinator. I am always early for events and pay my bills a week in advance.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you and thought you were only just trying to fix the pool at the last minute before the wedding. Its good to hear you work to stay on top of things.

You're right, the chlorine levels Leslie's advises you do vary from ours. They don't take into consideration the effects of CYA on the chlorine needed. The industry is behind the times, but *are* actually coming around to realizing this. Leslie's will probably realize this long after that, but hey, a sale is a sale, right? :suspect:

Mea culpa.

Reactions: barryjmizell
I'm sorry, I misunderstood you and thought you were only just trying to fix the pool at the last minute before the wedding. Its good to hear you work to stay on top of things.

You're right, the chlorine levels Leslie's advises you do vary from ours. They don't take into consideration the effects of CYA on the chlorine needed. The industry is behind the times, but *are* actually coming around to realizing this. Leslie's will probably realize this long after that, but hey, a sale is a sale, right? :suspect:

Mea culpa.

You're right. I feel like there towards the end they were selling me one product just to sell me another. My pool is back in shape now, and I am paying closer attention to my chemistry and my equipment. making some updates to correct my filter issues this weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.