moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
pam1.jpgpam2.jpg

I popped the cover off this beauty 3 days ago and vacuumed the floor to waste using the advanced mini 2 (pictured). I dropped the filters in, on both the mini and the pool's system and let it run. I got 10 hours before the filters had it and I'm ready to reload fresh ones again this morning. I'm thinking, will I just keep a SLAM going or should I floc it and do another vac to the yard? There's no hurry on getting it straight. Pool has been this week for 3 years. Full empty is not an option as it's fiberglass with high water table. Neighbors are also in close proximity so I can only run 500 gallons to the yard at a time if I'm doing an exchange. 10k gallon pool.

Here is the excerpt from the Cape Coral municipal codes for pool draining.

(c)

Pools shall be equipped with facilities for the complete emptying of the pool and discharge of pool water to waste shall be at a rate not exceeding 250 gallons per minute. All water drained from the pool shall discharge to an approved storm sewer or other approved drain or outlet, either existing or to be installed. In no instance shall the drainage be to a sanitary sewer or sanitary sewer system.

That's great information! I'm starting a water exchange this afternoon. We have it white now. I think I've killed all the algae but I can't keep putting pap90 filters into it so we are just going to do hose in hose out on a sub pump. As far as I am aware Cape Coral will allow a home owner to fill their pool once a year. I've been told by a city clerk that the procedure is for me to write a letter for the client to take to the city AFTER the water bill comes in and they will knock the amount off the bill.

I will have some photos in a couple of hours. The decking is going to be ripped up by the owner (there's a lot of instances where the cart is being put before the horse in this Reno) but my job is just to clear the pool. I'm not sure if I want a month service from this as the plumbing is leaking and it's just all in bad shape.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One...two...three SLAM!

pam1.jpg
two pam.jpg
three pam.jpg

Thank you all for your help during this project. We did push half it into the storm drain using the water replacement method. There's a lot more to be done including the cage and deck. There's also some leaks at the pump but all that's for someone else. Because I got this clean in less than a week. I've been paid up front for three months service. Easy to keep clean but that liner has seen better days.

Attachments

• pam2.jpg
    pam2.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.