FLO after pumps stop

Rocco

Dec 23, 2012
Manassas Park, VA
Spa: 1999 Sundance Optima 850

After the pumps turn off a FLO error is shown immediately. The pumps run again as programmed. Is this normal or an indication that something is bad or going bad?

Rocco

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Is your water level high enough? Have you checked the filter area to make sure there's no debris obstructing flo? If neither applies, it could mean your pressure switch is faulty.

Rocco

Dec 23, 2012
Manassas Park, VA
Thank you for the quick response. A little more informaiton.

The FLO error would occur each time after approximately 22 minutes of run time, even though the set temp was not reached.

After removing the filter and checking the lines to make sure they are clear the problem did not go away. So to test the FLO switch i bypassed it by using a jumper. However the hot tub would still turn off after approximately 22 minutes even though it did not reach the set temp. However this time no error message was displayed.

To provide a little more insite. Last year I had to replace the seal and propeller in the main (Jets 1) pump. However while researching this the propeller I needed for my 2.5 hp pump was replaced by a propeller designed for a 2.0 hp pump. Could this explain the FLO issues even though it takes approximately 22 minutes for the FLO error to occur. It looks like the 2.5 hp propeller is available again as well.

Propeller bought and installed: 6500-309 - http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6500-30 ... meter.aspx
Propeller spec'd for the pump: 6500-295 - http://www.spaandpoolsource.com/6500-29 ... r25hp.aspx

Hope this all makes sense and helps.

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry I can't help much in this case. I only know that in the past, the flo code on startup without heating has meant either a pressure switch, or in the last instance, a pump failure.

If FLO is only triggering 22 min. After running, I am at a loss, other than to say it must mean for some reason after 22 min flo is reduced enough for it to want to shut down the heat. So perhaps that incorrect part is failing.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
If it's happening at 22 mins every time it runs it sounds like a timer is kicking it out. Will it run longer than 22 mins without kicking off?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
^i wondered about this b/c I know my own jets automatically turnoff after 20 min and my circ pump kicks in every 20 min I think. However, when I am heating, circ stays on until heated. So I assumed Rocco's worked the same way.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.