First water balancing after pool remodel

I would make sure you have the break in process for the plaster? It’s plaster right? I read fiberglass?

Plaster has a break in process. Leslie will have no clue what that it. Leslie will not balance ur new water properly most likely. Which will lead to disaster.

Get a kit. Get the break in process and go at it. That’s pretty shadey they don’t get u going.
What is the break in process? The company has been pretty decent. I looked up Pebble tec and called the 3 companies on their site that are listed on the Pebbletec website nearest us.

Each plaster has a 30 or so process you follow after it’s installed. Chemicals levels to maintain day by day then week by week. I tried to find my diamond bride process we had to follow but I can’t find it.

Each plaster has a 30 or so process you follow after it’s installed. Chemicals levels to maintain day by day then week by week. I tried to find my diamond bride process we had to follow but I can’t find it.
Thanks Jim. That is odd. The pool company I used for the resurfacing only mentioned keeping the ph between 7.2 and 7.4 to keep it in warranty and provided a 10 year warranty on it.

I will ask them. Thanks.

I would. Maybe for urs that is enough but for my quartz I could not bring fc above a certain level so many days. I could not add ch or increase my ta for so many days.

Others can maybe jump in cause I found about that on here. I was the one who gave itcto my builder and he gave me back the same thing so I was happy about that.

Post your test results and also that of the pool store if you went there - just so we have a baseline of where you are now until you get your new reagents. Just denote that the results are for reference only and pending new values upon receipt of new reagents.
You all will be so proud!!! I have been testing my water and practicing real hard!

ph: 7.2-7.6 (I try to keep it between 7.2 and 7.4)
Alk: 60
Cya: 30
FAC: I have been keeping it around 2.5 (trying to keep it just above .075 x cya #)

Thx to you all for sending me the start up procedure for the pebble sheen. My remodeler never gave me anything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is great news.
What is your CH value?
You may want to get your CYA up to 40 as a minimum to hold some of your chlorine with all the summertime UV
Also, don’t tread on the minimum FC - a 4-6ppm is fine for CYA 30 and go to 5-7ppm for CYA 40. You do not want algae to be lurking if you would happen to drop below your 7.5% value.

Mine was just redone and filled on 6/5 so im still in my first 30 days, only thing I have done is add CYA and keep my PH & FC in check along with my vacuuming and brushing, so far so good

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.