First time pool owners here, help with starting treatments

Dshafer05

Jun 29, 2019
Tulsa, OK
I say "pool" owners, because it is an inflatable AG. But we figured it was a decent place to start & make sure we know what we are doing before stepping up to a larger pool down the road.

We set it up once and as it neared full, we realized it wasn't in a good, level spot and was cockeyed, so we chose to drain it and move it. It still isn't perfect, but it will work for now, while I work on preparing a new spot and leveling that area before moving it again.

It was all filled as of about 6 hours ago. I used the PoolMath app & added 5.3 oz of CYA (Clorox Stabilizer) via the sock method & 6 oz + 1tsp of bleach. And the pump has been running since.

I didn't write down my test results I ran on the water before adding anything. But here is the test results 6 hours after adding everything.

Sorry, I am having to resort to using Clorox Smart test strips, while waiting for the 2006C test kit I ordered to arrive. I know these aren't ideal, but I figured they were cheap enough to give me a start.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

At a 1000 gallons you could treat as a Seasonal pool, but as you have purchased the K2006, you may as well learn by testing on this small volume!

Just keep 3 ppm FC in the water all the time. When you get your kit, check the pH and TA.

Seasonal pools are pools that you can easily exchange all water quickly if necessary, and/or a pool you would only keep up during the summer time and take down and store or dispose of afterwards.

Not the strips. The 6 way, yes.

Remember, if the pool gets cloudy or any algae at all, you dump the water and start over.

Reactions: Dshafer05
D, in my opinion, a pool is a pool, no matter how small. There are people in this board who have Easy Set pools and leave them up all winter. I've seen videos of Easy Sets that have had their fittings changed to 1.5 fittings so people could add full size sand filters and pumps.

I think you should keep the 2006 kit so that you can see if you can get behind the full range of testing. It's a practice pool, like you said. Practice as if it was a full size pool. My pool is "only" 4024 gallons, but I treat it like it's the 15,000 gal pool I used to have. I'm happy and proud of my gin clear TFP water.

You will be, too. :cheers:

Reactions: Dshafer05
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.