FIRST TIME Pool owner

Sep 22, 2018
Houma, LA
I purchased an older home to renovate and it had a gunite pool already there. I use the word pool loosely, it had be abandoned for several years. We took to large dumpsters worth of leaves and debris out of it. Did I forget to mention that it had fish and and alligator living in it. Remarkably it was still useable. I am trying to do a lot of the work myself. The bank doesn't want us spending much money on it at all.

My main question is in lighting. I have been recommended to purchase the pentair 5g led lights, however I like the OmniLogic automation system. Can the Omni logic control the pentair lights?

WHAT????????????? FISH AND ALLIGATOR?? no turtles? What a welcome that had to be when you meet your new friends LOL

Oh and how and why does the bank get to tell you what to spend or not spend on your pool?

Kim:kim:

We are doing a major renovation to the house. The pool added no value to the property according to the appraisal so they don't want us to do much until we make sure we can complete all the renovations in the rest of the budget.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

dbtgallery.php

Got ya! Well you sure have found the right place to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck! I am going to keep an eye on your other thread to make sure you get an answer as I don't know the answer my self.

We would LOVE to see pics of the gator's pool LOL

Kim:kim:

OMG OMG OMG!!! She got into that mess not knowing what was lurking below the surface....after an alligator had been there!??!?

<faints. falls over.>

Snakes?

Our way of pool care is *the cheapest* and the best....so you're in good hands and the bank won't have to worry.

More pics, please!

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you to everyone here and give an update on my pool Reno. We just got it plastered yesterday and are filling it and ready to start up the system. Couldn't have done with out this forum. I did most of the plumbing my self. We hired a company to do the plaster.

Attachments

• IuyccBi%SCyLqmf%%69QIQ.jpg
    IuyccBi%SCyLqmf%%69QIQ.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • vydE2gs6Q+ivgraCJBYA6A.jpg
    vydE2gs6Q+ivgraCJBYA6A.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • XoOZt2%bSKGoSdJVh31FSA.jpg
    XoOZt2%bSKGoSdJVh31FSA.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • rnkaxVE3RgK3isg28iriaA.jpg
    rnkaxVE3RgK3isg28iriaA.jpg