First time opening

frost4mama

May 31, 2020
Fulton, Michigan
This will be our second summer with our pool and first time opening. It got closed very late last year due to delays getting our winter cover. When it was closed the PB left a lot of leaves in. We pulled the cover off last night and it is very murky, can’t see the bottom due to leaves. We have a robot, but are planning on vacuuming to waste as well to hope to get rid of leaves more quickly. We plan to get everything going today. Do we start swg right away or should we wait until it is cleaned up more? And when should I test the water? I’m assuming I will have to do a SLAM.

i would advise you to use a pool net to get the bulk of the leaves out, then run your robot. When you've got it as good as can be leaves wise, give your water a full test-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt

I don't see any mention of your pool test kit in you signature line?? Which do you use?

You may have to perform a SLAM process SLAM Process

Otherwise bring your FC up using Liquid Chlorine, then let the SWG maintain that level.

Maddie :flower:

Have you gotten all the leaves out?

Take your FC up today with liquid chlorine, while also turning on your SWG if your water is warm enough? Your Aquarite may tell you you're short of salt, but if its making chlorine I wouldn't sweat it. I don't know offhand how much salt the Aquarite requires?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.