First time build in Georgetown, Tx. Any advice much appreciated!

The one thing I notice is there is a ton of what looks like flagstone, including the entire tanning ledge. Flagstone is pretty notorious for flaking off into the pool. I would be nervous about going with that for your coping, wall, and especially submerged under the water on the ledge.
@TexasAggie2009 My pool is 18 years old with its original flagstone on the coping and water tiles. I had it sealed back in 2018, I cannot say what was done before that as I am 3rd owner. However, it is in great shape and I do not notice any "sand" debris in the pool. I cannot relate it directly to fully submerged flagstone but clearly half my flagstone water tile has been submerged for 18 years with no noticeable issues. I even brush the flagstone water tile routinely as part of my maintenance so it does see some external forces on it without any ill effect.

Reactions: Sollace and JJ_Tex
Interesting, I just asked if he could install a dedicated fill line in lieu of the auto-fill. He just got back to me about water feature options that would "fit in" better than the rock feature. He is sending more tomorrow, but I really like the option that he sent today (attached). I haven't heard yet how much this feature would cost. I'm curious how the cost would compare to the rock feature in the initial design (which was priced at $3,000).

Here is our tiered beam with sheer descents. Ive seen other members with a similar set up on free form pools...perhaps they show what they have. Also, get the auto fill. I have one and love it. While the thought of filling the pool up once a week with the water hose may seem like nothing now...you will get tired of it. A few inches of water loss (if you forget to keep a close watch) will effect your skimmer performance as well.
20200508_135108.jpg

Thanks, I will check on the cost to upgrade the EasyTouch system and I also inquired on the type of LED lights (waiting for response). I agree that the rock waterfall looks out of place, and I emailed him about some ideas other than the rock. My initial plan was to landscape around the rock waterfall, but maybe a beam is the better option. Do you happen to have any pics of the type of water feature you are describing (I'm new to all of this so the terminology is a little foreign to me)? The builder will also be handling the pool maintenance after it is completed, which is why I was comfortable with the chlorine option. However, if it really does need to be drained that often, I suppose investing in the SWCG is the way to go.

We were originally planning a very similar design. All rock was going to be too much so we were planning 3 rock formations with the raised spa and a raised wall between them. But after seeing more pools with rock waterfalls and compared with our background and surroundings, we felt it would stick out some and preferred the cleaner look of a raised beam. We added columns with water bowls to break up the wall instead and think it fits our personality better.

DBE0B682-47D6-4E31-B9BE-871C34EBC2E5.jpeg
Then we changed it to this:

CC0C1C92-7026-4752-A6E3-AC768B86C61B.jpeg

And here’s the finished pool:

F36446FF-41D2-486B-964A-F8A94D5FFF65.jpeg

And we may have gone overboard with the lights but we love it with 8 Pentair Microbrites on 3 separate transformers/zones for ultimate control.

7B3DBE9D-F235-4C1D-A8A9-6A43FD7F9DAA.jpeg

Reactions: HermanTX
@Robtown I am just catching up to some of the builds I was watching. Pool looks great.
What is the depth of your sunshelf? I see you have a small step from the coping first - what is the depth of that first step?
I like how you did the bench seats and the spa overflow into the pool looks awesome.
I hope all survived the Valentine freeze.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.