First test with Taylor K2006

Monkeymom1999

May 7, 2019
Virginia
Ok so I finally got my kit today. Here’s what we’ve done so far: brushing daily, adding 1 gal of liquid 10% chlorine.

My first test results are:
FC 6
CC 3.2
Ph 7.0
Alk 90
CYA we could see the dot the whole time. Filled the thing all the way up.

I’m trying to figure out pool math. We’ve got a serious algae and pollen deselect problem. The pool has gone from pond murky dark green to a light blue green. Help! What do I add first? I’ve also put 3 tablets in the skimmer today.

Good job with a K-2006 test kit. :goodjob: First thing I'd do is remove the tabs from the skimmer. We never place them there. If you don't have an inline chlorinator, then use a floater. The tabs are too acidic to go in the skimmer. Actually, I wouldn't even bother with tabs right now since your CYA is so low. Just save them for later. I'd go straight to granular stabilizer and use the sock method to increase the CYA to 30. See below info.

Your pH is good, so go ahead and increase the FC to 10 until you can get the stabilizer. Use regular blecah only. Then once you add the stabilizer, increase and maintain the FC at 12 until you pass all 3 SLAM Process criteria. If you have any questions, just let us know.

Adding CYA:
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.