First test results. Help with raising CYA

Bravo. I'm new to TFP as well but have been following along your journey the last couple weeks. Kudos to you for sticking with it and also to all the loyal TFP'ers who kept encouraging you with words of kindness and with their helpful advice. I've been so impressed with the generosity and humility of everyone on these forums since joining a month or so ago.

Last edited:
Know which pics came out perfect ?? The cloudy Shrek green ones that didn’t reflect mirror images of the sky. When it’s nice and sparkly, the poolnoob fam may be the only ones who get to see it in its glory. Fine by us, We will take your word for it.

**Virtual fist bump**🤜🤛

Congrats LooLoo! 👏👏👏
Maybe a full sun pic would do Poolio some justice? Just keep that fc within target ranges for your cya from here on out 👍🏻The FC/CYA Levels is your trusty friend! Never go to minimum & you’ll be golden 😊 Now u get to experience the trouble free part !

Reactions: mguzzy and Newdude
Now u get to experience the trouble free part !
#Truth. It’s easy peasy lemon squeezie now. Your preventative testing will start to show patterns and you’ll figure out that you need a half gallon a day usually (or whatevs) and you’ll be able to fudge a day or 3 just by looking at the pool and seeing the sparkles. Testing on day 4 will prove you were right with your on the fly guesses.

When it’s easy peasy and has spectacular results, Mr PoolNoob needs reminding of his dissent. If it happens again, he walks the plank.

I gotta say I think Stretch really helped poolio turn the corner when he got in there and worked on the crud. Amirite??

Maddie :flower:
Stretch was my Main Man! Couldn't have done it without him! And bonus he cleans the pool sock out so I don't have to touch bugs! Lol

Attached is the first of many fun times in our TFP!

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_131552259.jpg
    IMG_20200719_131552259.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20200719_131215393.jpg
    IMG_20200719_131215393.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20200719_124141574.jpg
    IMG_20200719_124141574.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 92

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We all adopted Aussie accents for a while and eating spaghetti and potatoes at dinner became performance art.
and we *still* sing ‘fruit salad Yummy Yummy’. It is every bit true today as it was then.
:laughblue::laughblue:

All those memories coming back. It's been a while in our household, but you are quite right, lots of occasions where the Wiggles sneak back into our life. Certainly can't eat fruit salad without thinking "Yummy Yummy" :)

Reactions: Newdude
:laughblue::laughblue:

All those memories coming back. It's been a while in our household, but you are quite right, lots of occasions where the Wiggles sneak back into our life. Certainly can't eat fruit salad without thinking "Yummy Yummy" :)
They toured through our town back in their heyday... I missed them! But it would have been easier to get tickets to a Stones/Who double bill!

• Haha
Reactions: mgtfp
I took my daughter to her first concert when she was three, front row seats to The Wiggles! Her face was priceless when they came out on stage, it was like she was realizing that they were real, not imaginary like her cartoons and other shows. We spent the rest of the show dancing and singing to our favorite songs! She’s eleven now and my wife and I keep pressing down on her head, trying to prevent her from growing up, but she’ll be d***ed if she lets us keep her as a kiddo! She loves to taunt us with “just 48 months until I’m in Senior High!” 😝

Reactions: mguzzy and mgtfp
Annnddd now I have "fruit salad" stuck in my head! Lol!

This is probably my late night kookiness talking but now I'm imagining my little FC pacmans munching on algae singing "green algae, yummy yummy!"

I just totally giggled my way through this thread - you’re so entertaining! Who thinks comedy and pool ownership should coincide? @LooLooPoolNoob will star! Congrats on your pool - looks great. Enjoy having your kiddos, and their friends, in your pool under your watch :)

now I'm imagining my little FC pacmans munching on algae singing "green algae, yummy yummy!"

Maybe we should add that to the TFP portfolio for a green pool: Place a few high power loudspeakers around the pool and play the Wiggles. Just a bit of encouragement for the hard working chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.