First Refill Recharge

Mar 11, 2019
Cave Creek, AZ
Hello to all.

Just finished refill ChemWarfare yesterday.

FC 3.5
TA 140
CYA 50
pH 7.1
CH 325
Temp 62F

Chems will be furthered adjusted in the coming days.

After DE recharge I could not get psi of the tank down. The new start-up pressure was 16psi... I completed an entire detailed filter removal and thorough cleaning of filter and housing. Spotless.

Pressure currently at 25psi which is high. Have I made a switch/valve error? Clog?

omq5ZJEVRJi1yXVoOaBEPA.jpgH2shLUL3Q8qbImCB3ERBCA.jpgH2shLUL3Q8qbImCB3ERBCA.jpg

Have you tried flicking the gauge with your finger? Does it return to zero when the pump is off?

If it's not the gauge, then there is a restriction somewhere. It could be in the filter, if the 16 was immediately after cleaning and the 25psi is after running a few hours with a green pool. The next spot will be one of the returns could still be plugged from winterizing, or you broke something inside the filter and now it's caught in the backwash valve somewhere.

The restriction won't be in the suction side, because that will cause low pressure.

Reactions: FourSevenRonin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.