First Readings.... any suggested tweaks?

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
Well two weeks ago there wasn't much on my cover here in upstate NY so i took the cover off, filled the pool up and hooked everything back up. Outside of an minor ongoing suction side leak (i will get it figured out this year) i am in good shape ... water was clear. I tested the water and CYA didn't register nor did chlorine and the ph was a touch low (7.1+-)

I have added stabilizer and chlorine and borax and after a few days have the following readings .. water is crystal clear but there are some debris still in the pool .... i am waiting a week after adding stabilizer before i vacuum.

56 degrees (up from mid 40's.... i'll be in by 5/15 :shock: )
FC 5.5
CC .5
ph 7.3+-
TA 70-80
CYA 35-40
CH 150

outside of bringing the ph up a wee tad to 7.5 should i do anything?? i had outstanding results last year and once i got up and running added bleach every day or two and muriatic acid once in august and that was it for the year :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.