First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

@HermanTX 1620501680037.png
The PB sent the pool layout to Paramount and they sent back where each pipe needs to be. There are 5 zones on the floor (zone 4 is a repeat of zone 1 for some reason) and then zone 6 is for swing jets...these are supposed to help clean the steps...mostly I got them b/c they only added about $200 and that way I would have back up returns if I needed them in the future (at least this was my thinking). This drawing shows 4 swing jet locations but I think they actually put 5 in. I realize the locations are probably not ideal if I need them in the future as actual returns but I was hoping they would be better than nothing, lol. There is another drawing that shows exactly where each pipe should be but it is a very cluttered drawing.

@HermanTX View attachment 330777
The PB sent the pool layout to Paramount and they sent back where each pipe needs to be. There are 5 zones on the floor (zone 4 is a repeat of zone 1 for some reason) and then zone 6 is for swing jets...these are supposed to help clean the steps...mostly I got them b/c they only added about $200 and that way I would have back up returns if I needed them in the future (at least this was my thinking). This drawing shows 4 swing jet locations but I think they actually put 5 in. I realize the locations are probably not ideal if I need them in the future as actual returns but I was hoping they would be better than nothing, lol. There is another drawing that shows exactly where each pipe should be but it is a very cluttered drawing.
Thanks. This is great and very helpful. If you can remember - in about 6 months - provide an update on how the IFCS is working for you. Good Luck.

Reactions: TampaKathy
I would love to the finished product as well, haha! Moving. So. Slow. Since my last update, I've had pavers, dirt, sand delivered. Footers poured. Some electrical done. Rescued one snake and one turtle from the pool that looked like they couldn't get out! I am expecting the pavers to be put down this week and the screen shortly after. Haven't received any equipment or my water bowls. pavers.jpgfooter.jpgturtle 1.jpgturtle 2.jpg

I see I did not share my set of links on your build yet. I am sure you have seen them with all of the reading you have done but you need YOUR own set so here goes:

The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Looks like you're still a couple steps ahead of me. I'm told I should have plumbing and electrical done towards the end of the week, then inspection and on to decking.

Are the footers just for the paver decking or are you getting a cage? I'm wondering if that's how they will do mine(no cage).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah he was not getting out on his own! Do you have water close to you?
Yes...I have wetlands on my property behind the pool...that's what limited how wide I could go...there's a 30 foot setback that starts about a foot behind my pool. I've seen turtles walking around the pool before but I guess he got a little too curious! I ordered the TF test kit.

Glad some progress for you. I am still in they start a job but then see a squirrel and start another with noting getting finished. Have coping a tile but not finished, have footers but not leveled for pavers yet. Electrical is MIA, they just came a finished plumbing my skimmers today.

• Haha
Glad some progress for you. I am still in they start a job but then see a squirrel and start another with noting getting finished. Have coping a tile but not finished, have footers but not leveled for pavers yet. Electrical is MIA, they just came a finished plumbing my skimmers today.
It's painful, isn't it? I sent an email yesterday asking when I might get some decking installed (since the travertine has been here for 2 months) and someone showed up an hour later and worked for like one hour 🤦‍♀️.

Decking is mostly finished. I think some plumbing needs to be finished first...guess I'm going to have to ask the PB about that. The color is not what I was expecting. It's darker than the coping. I'm also not sure that I like how they did the back where the columns are...they put all the same size tiles...it's only 2.5 feet wide there so 1 foot for the coping and then 1.5 foot for the other tiles...maybe that's too small of area to put different size tiles? Travertine 1.jpgTravertine 3.jpg

Attachments

• Travertine 2.jpg
    Travertine 2.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 25
I have travertine and so i may end up with this same scenario. I just did some deep Google image searching and found quite a few examples where there is a strong contrast in color between the coping and decking, I dont think it looks bad and would probably not notice it wasn't supposed to be like that.

With that said, we requested the lightest travertine available in our price point. It's not so much the contrast but that decking is darker than we wanted. I wonder if I should ask if we can go to the travertine place and pick it out ourselves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.