First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

My bf keeps pointing to individual pieces..."look, that's the same color as the coping, how about this one." LOL. Once I have furniture out there, I probably won't even think about it anymore. Yeah, I wonder if you can go pick out exactly what you want?

Looking for opinions...so I noticed that the paver installers did not stick to the pattern (in addition to the back area that I talked about above)...I noticed it around one of the skimmers b/c it looks bad (I'm def saying something about this spot)...so then I looked closer at the whole deck and the pattern falls apart mostly around the perimeter but also near the sunshelf. Is it unreasonable of me to expect them to stick to the pattern?

Your pool and money=what YOU want and how you want it!!! They should have followed the pattern in the big areas. gurrrrr
The more I looked at it, the more irritated I got b/c I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they had reasons for not sticking to the pattern around the perimeter but on one whole section, they only used 2 of the 4 tile sizes (the biggest ones)...so the PB is supposed to come out this morning so I can go over all my issues.

Reactions: RDFBocephus
PB came by...I let him walk around before I went outside and as I was opening the door he said, "you don't even need to come out, I see it." LOL...sorry, I have multiple issues, not just 1. :LOL: They are going to redo all the tile areas that I complained about. I was supposed to have square skimmer lids and they put in round but I'm going to let that go.

PB came by...I let him walk around before I went outside and as I was opening the door he said, "you don't even need to come out, I see it." LOL...sorry, I have multiple issues, not just 1. :LOL: They are going to redo all the tile areas that I complained about. I was supposed to have square skimmer lids and they put in round but I'm going to let that go.

Glad to hear he's going to take care of it with no B.S. or pushback! Hopefully I'll be getting my travertine decking installed this month so I'll do my best to keep an eye out while they work. I knew we are getting the French pattern but I hadn't really given it much thought before your thread, so this is helpful 😀

Reactions: TampaKathy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am afraid to even ask this question, lol, but based on someone else's post about tile mortar, I went back thru pictures I took to see what my PB used and I think it's North American Adhesive 3150 Tile Mortar which says on their info sheet that it is not recommended for "use in areas of prolonged water immersion (swimming pools)." I couldn't find one by this brand that is recommended for pool use. Is this going to be a problem? Trying to decide if I have the energy to argue about this, lol.

I checked my pictures and they used Amerimix Type M mortar. For what it's worth, I read the product brochure and installation instructions and couldn't find any mention of whether it was suitable or not for submersion or pools.

I am afraid to even ask this question, lol, but based on someone else's post about tile mortar, I went back thru pictures I took to see what my PB used and I think it's North American Adhesive 3150 Tile Mortar which says on their info sheet that it is not recommended for "use in areas of prolonged water immersion (swimming pools)." I couldn't find one by this brand that is recommended for pool use. Is this going to be a problem? Trying to decide if I have the energy to argue about this, lol.

No one can say if or when your tiles will come loose and if it was caused by the use of thinset not recommended for submersible use. It is unfortunate that builders do not use the proper quality materials.

I hear ya on the frustration. I thought we were moving along and getting close, but realize we have a long ways to go. We were told we were next in line for plumbing about 6 weeks ago. We check edin every week and kept getting the "next week" response. We were finally told uts going to be several weeks until plumbing and several months to complete the pool. Blame being put on covid of course.

Not even close. Thank them for the loaner and ask when you can expect YOUR SWG.
I had the same thought...I almost put that in my email and text that I ASSUME this is temporary but I decided not to be passive aggressive. For now. They've asked me twice to pay the current draw amount to which I replied both times that according to the contract the next payment was due after equipment was set...if they ask again I guess I'll have to say, I meant after CORRECT equipment was set! :LOL:

+1. ‘It says I owe after *MY* equiptment is installed. No idea who *that* belongs to…..’. (gestures vaguely over there)

• Haha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.