First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

deck jets installed
How many, what brand, and how do you like them? I had ordered (3) luminars, told on phone they were in stock and would ship 3-5 business days. Called back to see when they would ship and told they were on B/O. So cancelled and ordered (4) Hayward deck jets. Just got to figure out where I want them.
I assumed (ahem) that they would reorder the correct ones immediately.
Sounds like my builder who is old, incompetent and unreliable. I got tired of him and ordered the deck jets myself and will get the concrete contractor to put them in. Asked for pricing for a fence a couple of months ago and he never got one. Be so glad when this is over.

At least your's is at the finish line!

Reactions: TampaKathy
I don't know what brand they are... nothing special, just got 2 and as lots of people say they are a little loud. We've only had them on for about an hour or so the day they were installed. I probably won't turn them on very often.

I don't know what brand they are... nothing special, just got 2 and as lots of people say they are a little loud. We've only had them on for about an hour or so the day they were installed. I probably won't turn them on very often.
I don't know how much we may use them either. Mainly they are for our daughter when she has friends over. I wanted the laminars but they are hugh and there would be large covers all around the deck. At least these are small.

Seemingly less popular opinion but I love the bubbler and sheer descent even after 8 months.

I swapped our bubbler to these (Amazon.com: Custom Molded Products 25503-001-000 Pool Bubbler 1-1/2-Inch Grey : Patio, Lawn & Garden) so that they're completely flat and work at a lower RPM. Then I run the bubbler at 600 RPM (with the bypass slightly open) so that it's just barely breaking the surface, sounds like trickling water. Very relaxing sitting on the sunshelf even right next to it. If I turn on the waterfall, my preference when I'm close is a low setting so that the sheer just barely stays connected and the bubbler sounds more like a creek - easy to carry a conversation right next to them.

For larger get togethers, I've been turning it to medium so that it sounds natural with all the audio speakers and louder conversation. Which is also a strong recommendation - Google has a fantastic speaker group setting that works with amplifiers through Chromecast as well as any individual Nest or Google speakers. I used an old receiver/amp to power 6 rock speakers around the cage and 2 ceiling speakers under the patio to combine with our 7.2 system inside and a Nest Audio speaker in another main area so that they all sync to the same music (18 speakers?). Chromecast is $35, best value buy of the project.

Circuit groups are a life saver for this stuff and don't get enough attention IMO - my builder didn't know a single thing about them. Makes it easy to attach RPMs, actuator positions, and timers to settings (Fall Bub Low, Bub Low, etc). I also schedule my bubbler and waterfall on high for 3 minutes each morning to flush the line of any dirt/bugs/algae.

They do look neat. I changed my nozzles out with these dual nozzles (https://www.amazon.com/CMP-Swimming-Stream-Nozzle-25597-100-900/dp/B07YMGSC6K) to give them some more visual appeal.

--Jeff
I REALLY like your spa spillover being a multi step waterfall into the sunshelf. Never seen that look before but it is spectacular and a very natural transition to the pool without blocking the wading lane. Wish we had the space to do something that large - sunshelfs and spas are underrated! Great unique design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbo1Ton

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are they fit Hayward or do you have a different brand?
I don't know if mine are Pentair or CMP brand. I just looked up the Hayward ones (Deck Jet 500) and it looks like those nozzles will not work with theirs. Hayward appears to use a threaded collar to hold the nozzle in.

--Jeff

I've seen some 'reviews' of my builder saying things like 'he's out there every step of the way'. I saw him on dig day and I don't think he's been out her otherwise unless it was to get paid. At the end of next month it will be 12 months of our 12 week build.

• Wow
Reactions: TampaKathy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.