First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

Heard back from the PB...yes, the EasyTouch is temporary (insert eye roll). Anyway...we got our alarms inspected today and those passed so maybe sometime this year we can get to plaster! These alarms are hideous looking. I've seen one of my cats stretching trying to reach it so may have to raise it higher, lol.door alarm.jpg

Well at the least the PB came through on the IntelliCenter, even though you had to call him out on it!!!

Have fun with the alarm.

Reactions: TampaKathy
I've been undecided on what depth the sunshelf should be (and I keep second guessing after signing off on the design)...looking at pictures online, holding a tape measure up to me, etc. My boyfriend said that I should have gotten a kiddie pool and a lounge chair and tested out different depths...he was kidding...I thought it was a great idea! So that's what I did today and I feel much better with the depth we are at (15"). :)

Is your lounger this one? Swimming Pool Lounger

Since your pool isn't completed I'm guessing you haven't had any chance to use it in a pool but does it seem to be decent quality? Our shelf is going to be a little deeper than yours (18") and I'd love to know how well the above lounger would work for that depth.

Thank,
Sam

Is your lounger this one? Swimming Pool Lounger

Since your pool isn't completed I'm guessing you haven't had any chance to use it in a pool but does it seem to be decent quality? Our shelf is going to be a little deeper than yours (18") and I'd love to know how well the above lounger would work for that depth.

Thank,
Sam
Yes, that is it. It seems like it's good quality. It floats so my intention is to drill a hole or 2 in it and fill with water to weigh it down.

Reactions: TheNameIsSam
LOL. I just continue to remind myself that at least my PB wasn't Olympus.
I'm honestly starting to get nervous. I was right behind you and then literally no movement since the waterline tile and coping 2 mos ago. I keep telling myself to be thankful they are answering the phone and are apologetic...

Reactions: TampaKathy
I'm honestly starting to get nervous. I was right behind you and then literally no movement since the waterline tile and coping 2 mos ago. I keep telling myself to be thankful they are answering the phone and are apologetic...
Yeah, that is the one thing my PB is doing ok on...even though they could be better at communicating before I have to question things, they thankfully have been pretty quick to respond at least acknowledging me even if I don't always get a solid answer, lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't understand why someone doesn't make a good looking code compliant one! I would happily pay a few bucks more for one with even the slightest bit of case design work!
I know...my boyfriend was so sure he would find something online...he kept looking and sending me links and finally I was just like, "listen, the goal is to pass the inspection, period. We know these things pass, I'm done talking about it." He likes to over research things and I usually just let him go but I hit my limit on these stupid things. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
I know...my boyfriend was so sure he would find something online...he kept looking and sending me links and finally I was just like, "listen, the goal is to pass the inspection, period. We know these things pass, I'm done talking about it." He likes to over research things and I usually just let him go but I hit my limit on these stupid things. :)
My fence doesn't look that bad, now!!

Add this to the list of things that in retrospect I wish I had done different! But the alarms work as intended (sorta)...one of the sensors fell off the door and the alarm sounded and I did jump right up and run to the door! :LOL:
The fence is actually really nice to have with our little grandkids around. We can be out on the patio or out in the backyard and not worry about their being able to get into the pool. If we know we're not going to see them for a few weeks, we take the fence down and have the nice open area. It always goes right back up before any Littles come over.

We keep forgetting at 5am when the dog needs to go out to hit the button. Hard to go back to sleep after that! They will not last more than the time it takes the inspector to turn off my street after inspection. They are supposed to rebuild my and my neighbors fence today and then get the inspection while we wait for the screen to be done. Here is hopping something goes as planned the first time :)

My fence company SUUUUUUUCKS. They needed 6-8 weeks to install (fair enough, everybody is swamped) and they would let me know 2 weeks before. They called the night before and we had to be home for it. So I pushed it back until I could take a vacation day and they came. The pool was supposed to start real soon so I had them not finish the driveway side so the machines could get in/out. Why put it up just to take 2 sections out a week later? But then PB couldn’t get liners so it’s delayed indefinitely.

They assured me they’d come finish within a week when I was ready so I called them to tell them to finish the driveway and I’d remove what I needed when the pool could finally be done. Oh. We are a month or more out, we’ll call you the night before.

Bruh !!! My work is busy too and has a two week approval time for days off. How can you expect my employer to care, after hours, the night before ?

But I need them so I have to deal somehow.

Last edited:
My fence company SUUUUUUUCKS. They needed 6-8 weeks to install (fair enough, everybody is swamped) and they would let me know 2 weeks before. They called the night before and we had to be home for it. So I pushed it back until I could take a vacation day and they came. The pool was supposed to start real soon so I had them not finish the driveway side so the machines could get in/out. Why put it up just to take 2 sections out a week later? But then PB couldn’t get liners so it’s delayed indefinitely.

They assured me they’d come finish within a week when I was ready so I called them to tell them to finish the driveway and I’d remove what I needed when the pool could finally be done. Oh. We are a month or more out, we’ll call you the night before.

Bruh !!! My work is busy too and has a two week approval time for days off. How can you expect my employer to care, after hours the night before ?

But I need them so I have to deal somehow.
Had similar problems. Lucky I'm work from home, so they weren't *actually* problems. But constantly had people just showing up like, "Hey I'm here to work on the pool." OK and who the heck are you?! They just wouldn't tell the PB project manager their schedule. Luckily I kept my gate locked, so they were at least forced to come to the door. I learned that after leaving it unlocked if I knew someone was going to come out. They would happily just walk right in without even ringing the bell to let me know they were there.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.