Sgalloway99

Jun 30, 2021
Fort Worth TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m eight weeks in to this pool and taking care of it myself using a newly purchased Taylor 2006. I’ve been monitoring this forum and thought this would be a good place for me to post my results and get some feedback. It’s a 15,000 gallon pool so I’m not really sure how much water to drain or not to drain to lower my CYA slightly. I have a trichlor system but I’m barely using it at all at the moment.

So far we swim quite often and it definitely gets plenty of sun

FC 4.8
CC .2
PH 7.7
TA 120
CA 330
CYA 60

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I don't see a reason to drain any water. Your CH is fine and your CYA good for summer temps. I do have two questions:
1 - How does the water look? Is it 100% crystal to teh bottom?
2 - What type of pool and equipment do you have? Your signature is blank. Please update your sig with all of your pool and equipment info. Include your test kit as well. See mine as an example.

That info will help drive responses.

Odd, I'm not seeing the signature info yet. We'll keep an eye for it. But with crystal clear water, I see no reason to do anything right now other than to swim. :swim: Be sure to keep the FC balanced to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. That's key to avoiding algae. Keep the pH from going over 7.8 to avoid scale. You're on a great path, but if you have more questions let us know.

I’ll update this is my signature too, but I have - 3ft sheer water fall and 3 bubblers on a tanning ledge. I’m wondering , other than new plaster , if that’s one reason I struggle to get PH down and to day down ?

Certainly fountains, bubblers, etc create aeration that can increase pH. As long as it's not soaring over 7.8 really fast you're okay. Your TA isn't critically high, just a little elevated. So between reducing the run time of items that create aeration and lowering the TA to about 70 or so, that should help slow the rise of pH. If you ever want to knock the TA down, let the pH hit about 8.0 then use enough muriatic acid to lower it to 7.2. Aeration will increase the pH naturally, but the TA will remain lower each time you do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.