First K-2006C Test today. Any recommendations?

Charlie227

Silver Supporter
May 8, 2019
Vero Beach, FL
I tested my water with my new Taylor K-2006C. I have a salt pool. I took my time, made sure everything was clean between tests, and was accurate in my testing. As was said earlier by a member, my results would probably be different than the local pool supply store and they were right. Some numbers were right on, others not so much.

Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback here since I'm a newbie having only let my pool service go a couple of weeks ago. The concern that still persists is the high FC. For 6 months, I was running my SWCG at 60% and just only turned the SWG down to 25% During the final two weeks of my pool service, the pool guy dumped generous amounts dry stabilizer in the skimmer basket (without a sock) because he said my CYA was low. Do you think this may be the reason the FC is still so high? Here are today's test numbers:

FC: 9
CC: .5 difference. ( I did the 10ml test instead of the 25. It could be lower. It was one drop).
pH: 7.6
TA: 90
CH: 320
CYA: 80
Salt: 3600
Water Temp: 85
CSI: -0.17

Any recommendations? Do I turn the SWG down to 10-15% and wait it out? Anyother adjustments you see I might do?

I usually have to add a couple of inches of water every couple of weeks. Evaporation and K9 activities. Thanks for your help.

Your numbers all look perfect. Go swim!

Your FC is not that high and is perfectly safe. Look at FC/CYA Levels. If you had a non-SWG pool for CYA 80 it would be spot on. With a SWG you can use a lower FC of 6 due to the constant chlorination you get. Not a big difference between FC of 6 and 9. Swimming in a FC level up to shock level of 31 is safe. Go swim.

Reactions: Charlie227
Charlie,

I agree with Allen.. Things look great.. Go Swim.. :thumleft:

I always try to keep my FC on the high side of my target... Just adds insurance that I will never drop below my minimum and allows me to test a little less often.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Your numbers are fine. As the days get longer and the pool gets more use, you'll start losing more FC. If you're just holding steady at 9 and not rising, then you've reached a nice equilibrium. You'll know after a few more days' testing. And that's the beauty of testing yourself, frequently. If all week long the FC is steady and then one day it's suddenly dropped, you know there's a problem, and it can't have gotten too big in only a day or two. Compare that to the pool store tester who doesn't know what it was a week ago, let alone a day, so he just prints out a list of stuff to buy. You're in control now. Things will get easier and easier and in a couple weeks it will all be as mindless and routine as brushing your teeth before bed.

Charlie,

Great numbers. Pool Math can be a great help to set your SWG. Set up with for SWG disinfection and select your SWG model number. Then put in the numbers and let it calculate the remaining variable. For example if you set it to 1.5 ppm FC addition to your pool (typical for many pools this time of year or adjust if your experience has been different). Then let the program calculate run-time or % power. I have found this to be a very accurate predictions for SWG initial settings. I was shooting for the most reasonable run time at the lowest % power. This should extend the life of the cell the most. I ran it on your numbers. 7 hr run time and 1.5 ppm FC requires 34% power.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.