First dive... but those skimmers

Firebrand

Apr 20, 2020
Austin, TX
Thanks to this wonderful site I was able to get my pool numbers perfect and the water crystal clear. So we had our first swim. It was real nice but the grime & leaves from the skimmers would come out as we splashed around and kinda ruin the perfect pool surface.

If I clean the skimmers before we swim I could get some of the bigger leaves, but the smaller petals and berries and things would still litter the pool.

Is there a smart/neat way to completely clear the skimmers without anything escaping?

As long as they aren’t overflowing, I empty my skimmers with the pump running. The water flow keeps the stuff in the basket until the basket is out. If they are overflowing I remove as much as I need to by hand, also with the pump running so the smaller stuff gets sucked into the basket. Once the surrounding area is clean I dump the half basket my normal way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.