First Cold Water Red Light

Rudywalnuts

Dec 10, 2021
Montclair,Ca
1st time poster. Any advice? I have a Pentair IC40 SWG, controlled by a Pentair Easy Touch. I have been loving the chlorine levels and ease of my 1st sale cell. Today as it's pretty chilly, I got my 1st red light water cold light. Do I need to reset system when warmer? Turn off on Easy Touch to 0 pct? Will it start working on it's own? Do I add the dummy cell until spring? Or? Wait it out?Of course add tablets or liquid in mean time. Am I over thinking this or how should I proceed? Any info is appreciated! Thank you!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welcome to the forum!
You can let the system as is, and when the water is warm enough, it will generate chlorine. Or you can set the ET level to 0, and wait until spring. You will need to start adding liquid chlorine every few days to a week. Test as needed to manage that.

In my system, I have a Feature Circuit set to run for how long I want the pump to run each day, typically about 5 hours in the winter. During the winter, I set a Pump schedule for 1 hour at the end of that scheduled Feature Circuit. The SWCG is on for only that hour. I set the % at 90. So if the water is warm enough, it makes chlorine. In my pool, that 1 hour will add about 1 ppm FC.

Rudywalnuts

Dec 10, 2021
Montclair,Ca
Welcome to the forum!
You can let the system as is, and when the water is warm enough, it will generate chlorine. Or you can set the ET level to 0, and wait until spring. You will need to start adding liquid chlorine every few days to a week. Test as needed to manage that.

In my system, I have a Feature Circuit set to run for how long I want the pump to run each day, typically about 5 hours in the winter. During the winter, I set a Pump schedule for 1 hour at the end of that scheduled Feature Circuit. The SWCG is on for only that hour. I set the % at 90. So if the water is warm enough, it makes chlorine. In my pool, that 1 hour will add about 1 ppm FC.
Thank you! That reassures me, and makes sense. I like your plan also. This forum has great info, Really helps us rookies 👍

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread