Central NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
Just did my first cleanout with my cartridge after the pool is a month old. Not because the pressure raised, but just to see what it looked like. My pool is 13k gallons and I have a 190sqft cartridge that’s manufacturer rated for 30k gallons. It was a little tan, but not bad at all. For everything I read on the internet about cartridge filters requiring more maintenance, I call bull. I coulda let it ride another 6 weeks to the end of the season easily.

Very happy with my cartridge because it keeps my water crystal clear and require almost zero maintenance!!

I have a 360sq for a 21k pool and only clean it once a year usually after the god awful GA pollen is done in the late spring. Filter has tons of crud in it and probably see only a 2-4 psi over the year, way below the dirty mark on the filter gauge.

The original 4 carts lasted 12 years, I just replaced them this year for the first time, and that was only because I changed the water. They were still in pretty good shape. I like the cart and have no complaints.

Reactions: Rumbleehockey03
I think the complaints come mostly from the small filter people. Ive seen some pics here that looked like they were taller versions of my hot tub filter. No kidding they need more cleaning. Your 190 sqft for 13k gallons and my 500 sqft for 35k dont apply.

Reactions: Rumbleehockey03
I've used the skimmer socks in the past and IMO they are not worth the hassle. They get clogged up in just a few days and if I get a year between cleanings without them, they are not worth the cost nor the effort.

Crabboy,

I can see your point, but I like then because I don't have to clean the skimmer baskets.. I find it takes me much longer to clean a skimmer basket than it does to add a hair net.

I have two skimmers and two extra baskets.. I basically go out and pull out the old skimmer baskets with the dirty hairnets and replace them with the spare baskets with clean hairnets.

The dirty hairnets are thrown away and clean hairnets installed waiting for the next exchange..

I think it makes cleaning the filters a little easier, but admit not all that much.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.