First chemical test results!

SerenityIV

Aug 2, 2019
Orlando, FL
Hello folks!

After refilling to bring my CYA level down, here are my first results after a couple of days through the filter.

FC: 7.5
CC: 1.5
pH: 7.8
TA: 140
CH: 275
CYA: 35

Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated it. My FC does not seem to be coming down. I added 1.5 quarts of 12% bleach yesterday and did not add any today because it does not seem to be dropping much. Thanks in advance! (using TF-100 kit). Rest of info in sig

Not an expert, but looking pretty good!

FC will come down.

Round your cya to 40 and use that for your FC target.

When PH gets a tad higher, 7.9 or 8, add muriatic acid to lower to around 7.2 or so. Use pool math to calculate amount, this will also lower your TA a bit.

Reactions: SerenityIV
So after a year here I just found out that cc doesn't indicate algae, only organics if some kind. Lotions, debris etc.

Over night FC loss does though. 2 main things that lower FC, uv rays and algae...and?

Check out OCLT in pool school.
?

Reactions: bmoreswim
Also, while I'm here.. Is the OTO chlorine test that this kit came witg sufficient enough to check each morning to determine how much bleach to add daily? It would have to be 5 or below though, no? That's kinda tough, haha.
If you are using it to check FC before you add chlorine intended to get to target, then sure. There's a good chance you'll be below 5. But it's so hard to color match with the OTO that I can't imagine using it daily. I'm sure I'd get frustrated. The yellow just isn't fun.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are still figuring out your pool system , test as often as you need. It helps to learn how much FC you lose each day and it is good to check and hour after an application to confirm your assumptions. Also good to test the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test if diagnosing FC loss. Over time you will learn your pools trends and will test less often. It is a moving target because there are season differences as well. Have fun with it you are in control now.

Sounds great! Thanks so much for the help. It's great to have this thing where I want it after hours of reading on here. That's what I was thinking.. Once I see the trend, daily testing won't necessarily be needed and I'll know how much chlorine needed per day for the most part. How exciting!

Reactions: bmoreswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.