fired red brick for ladder weight?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I'm switching out my confer stairs to part of an old plastic/resin pool ladder for the inside of my pool due to algae problems. Back when I had this ladder in my Sears good pool (as opposed to better and best LOL) the instructions said to use a brick for the weight.

Is that still a safe thing to do? I'm not really seeing a way to use a clorox bottle on this. The bottom of the ladder only has a brick-sized rectangular "cubby hole" to stash any kind of weight.

Any other ideas? I could use two and leave one soaking in bleach water and change them out regularly to take care of the possible algae issue, but I was wondering about the other chemistry? Are they fired hard enough to be safe?

There isn't enough room for anything like 3" unless I attach it to the back/outside. Which might be the best way to handle it as I noticed today my temporary "fix" really wasn't working and I was trying to think of some way to make a better base structure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.