Fine silt bypassing my new cartridge filter

Hangman

Gold Supporter
Aug 4, 2017
Fort Pierce, Florida
I just switched my sand filter to a cartridge filter setup and it seems to be working well but, they're building a new house nextdoor and after the lot was cleared I have some fine silt that wafted over into my pool that I cannot seem to get rid of.
I vacuum the pool and the water looks great until the next morning and the silt has settled in to the wrinkles on the bottom of the liner.
With the sand filter I would just pump to 'waste' and problem solved, but now that I don't have a wooded lot nextdoor I have no where to empty chlorine water without killing my grass.
Are there any issues using something to get the 'fines' to stick together and then vacuum them up, or is there an attachment I could use to vacuum it up and be done once and for all...?
Thanks for any info regarding my problem...

After a search here I found out about 'slime bags' anyone had any experience using them?

Last edited:
You can install a Jandy 3 way valve to give yourself a backwash valve to waist.. Put it between your pump and filter takes some glue and 10 minutes to install it..

What are your FC levels? Could it be the start of an algae bloom??

You can see mine is directly on top of my pump but you can put it wherever :)

I just switched my sand filter to a cartridge filter setup and it seems to be working well but, they're building a new house nextdoor and after the lot was cleared I have some fine silt that wafted over into my pool that I cannot seem to get rid of.
I vacuum the pool and the water looks great until the next morning and the silt has settled in to the wrinkles on the bottom of the liner.
With the sand filter I would just pump to 'waste' and problem solved, but now that I don't have a wooded lot nextdoor I have no where to empty chlorine water without killing my grass.
Are there any issues using something to get the 'fines' to stick together and then vacuum them up, or is there an attachment I could use to vacuum it up and be done once and for all...?
Thanks for any info regarding my problem...

After a search here I found out about 'slime bags' anyone had any experience using them?
Also - you'll find that your grass will LOVE propertly balanced water. The small amount of chlorine will not hurt your grass at all. My neighbor just had a hose come loose and he lost about 1/3 of his water, most of which ended up in my yard. As you can see, the grass was REAL happy about it.
20210705-203959.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.