Finding the right replacement pump

PB_FL

Aug 12, 2022
Florida
Hi all, first time posting after reading through the forum over the last 3 years ever since I became a pool owner. So thankful to have found advice on many topics.

Unfortunately after three years, and admittedly some poor maintenance on my end (rookie!), my Intelliflo VSF 3.0 HP pump crapped out. Started with a loud humming noise (assumed bearings) so took into a local motor shop. It was taken apart and deemed ruined/corroded and needs to be replaced. The wet end is fine and still installed. Hopes were to simply reorder the same motor end and place right back in and reconnect the power. Question is, how do I ensure I order the correct motor end? Attached are the pics from the unit I was able to salvage. On the higher side of cost for me so don't want to order the wrong part.

Think i found the replacement here?

Or since not in stock, ordering part # 356878Z should do the trick?

Attachments

• IMG_9207.jpg
    IMG_9207.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9206.jpg
    IMG_9206.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9194.jpg
    IMG_9194.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
guinness, thank you...yes, still have the drive which is in tact and has normal 3 year wear and tear from the FL sun. In my search I had not found that just the motor alone was purchaseable. This is a huge help, I will call Polytec Pools to ensure correct part.

guinness, thank you...yes, still have the drive which is in tact and has normal 3 year wear and tear from the FL sun. In my search I had not found that just the motor alone was purchaseable. This is a huge help, I will call Polytec Pools to ensure correct part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.