Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while, great information and very helpful people! So I have finally decided to go ahead and build a pool for next summer, going the DIY route. Got my plans drawn and sent bid requests to contractors here in the Phoenix/AZ region. For some reason I just cannot find anyone that would bid for plumbing and electrical. Some just don't pick up calls, some never reply, others just says "unavailable for new projects until next year". All the rest was pretty straightforward: excavation, shotcrete, rebar, finish, tile, coping, clean-up, etc. How do you find the contractors for your project?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Gladly accepting contractors recommendations for the building to come! :)

If you don't get more answers, you can search 'DIY Pool Build' or some such on this forum - The search tab is at the top. You can read their builds or even send a message. I imagine all trades dealing with pools are booked during this covid crisis. People at home, they want a pool to keep their family busy!

We are also doing owner builder in Gilbert. We have gotten bids all week from everyone but plumbing. We have a consultant and he sent the bids out but they are coming to us and we will schedule everything. I sent follow up emails today to everyone on my list and finally got 1 plumbing bid back. It is the strangest bid. All it says is his name and the bid amount in the subject line. I don’t really want to take it but if we don’t get more back then we will have to. My husband is the UPS driver for our neighborhood and there are so many pools going in. He got a couple plumbing names and numbers but I was hesitant to call them because they weren’t on our list. Seeing that you are having the same problem I think we need to contact them too so we have more chances.
I want a quartz finish and was interested in Wet Edge Luna Quartz. I called and talked to them to find out how to see samples and who to use. She said there are very few installers in the valley, which is weird because they are headquartered here, and only one who will work with o/bs. I called and they aren’t working with o/bs, which I don’t understand because they are a remodeling company so they work with homeowners all the time. So it looks like Luna is out for us.
I hope both of us have better luck 🤞🏻

Quick update on the saga, I got a few replies: One as a definitive "no" because they are not taking new clients until next year, another "No" due to personal issues and one quote back but similar to @Nikilyn: Just a dollar amount. This one doesn't do electrical so next step is finding more plumbers and some electrical contractors...

For finish, I'm going for NPT Mini Pebbles and got a quote already.

Reactions: Nikilyn
I’ll message you a plumber that we’re probably going with. He’s a little more expensive but our friend used him and said his customer service is great. My husband talked to him and he helped us figure out a plumbing question. English is also his first language and I’m pretty sure the other one it isn’t. We thought being able to communicate easily was a plus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.