Finally need to add CYA

Grenademonkey543

Apr 5, 2019
Sacramento, CA
Hi all,

A year ago when I first switched to the TFP method, I took over a pool with a CYA ~ 140, constantly dropping FC levels and a weekly pool service bill. Today, I am a happy owner of a never-cloudy pool that I enjoy maintaining.

I decided to re-test my CYA since after my last attempted water exchange that dropped CYA to 80 (and with my SWCG I figured I can handle that). It amazingly is now at 30. My generator can keep up with the demand (it's a T-15 cell for a 13K gallon pool). But with the Sacramento summer approaching, I think I would like to up my CYA. Would you recommend I just get a small bucket of pucks to slowly add it over the season, or should i get pure CYA and add that?

Thanks!

I suggest you get CYA powder and add it using the sock method. Add 30 ppm worth and once it is fully dissolved, test it 24-48 hours after. Based on that test, add enough to get to 70 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.