Finally have trees!

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
Greetings y'all! It's been a while. I moved this year. Bought a 31' round, 21k gal pool and loving it. Haven't had any issues. I think in part , because I took advice of my pool contractor and just let pump run 24/7 for the last 16 weeks. I know some of us will debate that, but the results don't lie- the electric bill burns however.

I have mature trees for the first time in my 18 years of pool ownership. Question:
What is the best practice in dealing with the falling leaves. In just the last 48 hours, the skimmer is completely full every 12 hours or so. I would like to keep the pool open a few more weeks. I run sometimes during the day and like to jump in.

What is the best practice for sequestering these leaves over the coming weeks?

Last edited:
The make leaf net covers. The ones ive seen are kinda fishnet-y and over large Koi ponds, but they all work the same. Real easy to put on and take off if you want to hop in but it will stop the leaves the rest of the time.

Not too easy to get off if full of wet leaves though. Worked best for us with solid cover then leaf net over the top. We only use one when close pool and use solar cover during summer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.