Finally getting an ig pool

Germando1979

Feb 19, 2021
dfw
Hey all, I've been lurking here and using everyone for years for my intex pools. I am building a house and we decided to get a pool to go with it. My foundation is getting poured soon, got delayed due to the stupid weather here in DFW. Once its poured the builders can get out and look and give me estimates and plans. Excited isn't the word. We haven't even got a sketch yet, though we are looking at images everyday until we find one that we like. After reading today I have decided against the spa in the pool and will get a standalone at a later time. All I know is we want a freeform pool from 3'6 to 6'6 and a ledge. The pool will be gunite and salt water. Does anyone have a good referral for a DFW builder? Hoping to find one that can excavate while home construction is ongoing to minimize the mess.

Thanks
G

Hey Germando and welcome from the shadows !!! There are plenty of your local folks here. I imagine you should get a few PMs about it. Good luck

Any other reason other than maximizing the swimming area?
Oh, yah, plenty. In-pool spa jets are few and far between. Maybe one per person. Sometimes not even that. You're sitting in a concrete bowl on a straight concrete bench, with one jet digging into your spine. You can get them hot, but you can't keep them hot. You have to heat them up every time you use them, then dump all that heat into the pool each day. Stand-alones, on the other hand, are fiberglass smooth, with contoured seats of various shapes and recline, some with neck rests and jets of all sorts massaging multiple parts of you, from neck to feet. Comfort-wise, therapy-wise, there is no comparison. And you can keep a stand-alone hot and ready to go 24/7. In-pools are form over function. They look great. And you get a nifty spillover into the pool. Not for me...

Hey all, I've been lurking here and using everyone for years for my intex pools. I am building a house and we decided to get a pool to go with it. My foundation is getting poured soon, got delayed due to the stupid weather here in DFW. Once its poured the builders can get out and look and give me estimates and plans. Excited isn't the word. We haven't even got a sketch yet, though we are looking at images everyday until we find one that we like. After reading today I have decided against the spa in the pool and will get a standalone at a later time. All I know is we want a freeform pool from 3'6 to 6'6 and a ledge. The pool will be gunite and salt water. Does anyone have a good referral for a DFW builder? Hoping to find one that can excavate while home construction is ongoing to minimize the mess.
I like the sound of what you have so far. Freeform. Concrete. Saltwater. Separate spa. Sounds good!

Once you have them, post the plans and lots of folks here will check them out and weigh in if they spot anything you should be aware of. Congrats on the new house and pool, and welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.